(Topic ID: 206145)

1976 williams bluechip number wheels not counting right

By jamestheflame

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from jamestheflame:

This is my first and only machine.This forum has helped me with all kinds of problems in the past but this is a new problem. The counting number wheels are not always reading accurate. It has gradually gotten worse. Example... May be at 98000... hit something and it just reads 98000,99000,then goes back to 91000,92000,93000 etc but wont change over to the 100000. Does this mostly on thousands and 10 thousands. I have no idea how to fix it. Please advise. Thank you!!

You will find leaf switches associated with the score reels. Clean them by taking a business card and swiping it three times between the contacts when lightly squeezing them.

Take a look at the gap in the contacts while actuating the coil rod by hand. Watch the wheel as it goes to the zero and nine positions. When it opens or closes those leaf switches does it do it dramatically and solid or kind of open and close? There should be a very solid open / close.

A problem that occurs intermittently is usually bad contact due to something not clean or tolerant. Not something blown or broken.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-williams-bluechip-number-wheels-not-counting-right?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.