Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by currieddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

This is my first and only machine.This forum has helped me with all kinds of problems in the past but this is a new problem. The counting number wheels are not always reading accurate. It has gradually gotten worse. Example... May be at 98000... hit something and it just reads 98000,99000,then goes back to 91000,92000,93000 etc but wont change over to the 100000. Does this mostly on thousands and 10 thousands. I have no idea how to fix it. Please advise. Thank you!!

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from jamestheflame:

This is my first and only machine.This forum has helped me with all kinds of problems in the past but this is a new problem. The counting number wheels are not always reading accurate. It has gradually gotten worse. Example... May be at 98000... hit something and it just reads 98000,99000,then goes back to 91000,92000,93000 etc but wont change over to the 100000. Does this mostly on thousands and 10 thousands. I have no idea how to fix it. Please advise. Thank you!!

You will find leaf switches associated with the score reels. Clean them by taking a business card and swiping it three times between the contacts when lightly squeezing them.

Take a look at the gap in the contacts while actuating the coil rod by hand. Watch the wheel as it goes to the zero and nine positions. When it opens or closes those leaf switches does it do it dramatically and solid or kind of open and close? There should be a very solid open / close.

A problem that occurs intermittently is usually bad contact due to something not clean or tolerant. Not something blown or broken.

#3 1 year ago

Your ninth position switches need to be cleaned and adjusted. Check here: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels
Scroll down to the pic of the Williams reel.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canon City, CO
$ 399.95
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 159.99
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside