Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

On the Player unit there are 2 solenoids. 1 steps up unit and the other 1 seems to lock it in place. When I try to play multiple players the lock in solenoid stays out at the end of the game. Something has to energize it to pull back and allow the player unit to reset back to home position. I can not seem to find what is not sending the signal or current to this solenoid. I can push it in and unlock player unit and it works for 1 time thru and then it stays out for next set-up of games and does not allow multiple players.

#2 7 years ago
#3 7 years ago

Probably the 'Player Unit Reset' Coil, 6E on the schematics http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/119/Williams_1976_Aztec_Schematics.pdf

Should energize the same way the step up coil does, off the make/break switch on the Player Reset Relay, or through the Reset + Coin relays.

It shouldn't lock the unit in place though, it should reset it to home, which pulls the step up out, and then the step up should push the step up pusher rod thing in again when it does the first step

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-williams-aztec-player-unit-not-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.