You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Surf Champ replay button (resized).jpg
Help (resized).jpg
20180716_201301 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Powers up to backbox lights. The tilt mech shown in the pic is my first question. Is it normally closed or open? Machine shows a tilt and there a credits on the window, but start button does nothing.

20180716_201301 (resized).jpg20180716_201301 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Should be normally open.

Help (resized).jpgHelp (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

Your image above, I think you will find is the Bounce switch (Not Tilt as per OP) which is NC. and if open, the "S" Re and many others, will not energies.

#4 5 years ago

Yeah, get yourself a schematic if you don't already have one. Looking at the bottom of the schematic, you will see the first couple of loops include the hold relay the Tilt relay in the start relays. Often times when I'm diagnosing this kind of problem, it is related to the hold relay not holding or as mentioned above, one or more tilt switch is not being in the correct position. You must check them all very carefully.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Meatneck:

there a credits on the window, but start button does nothing.

If there are credits on the game the start/replay button should do something. Here's the schematic from the four player version Surf Champ which should be similar if not the same:
Surf Champ replay button (resized).jpgSurf Champ replay button (resized).jpg
Ask if you're not familiar with diagnosing the circuit.

/Mark

#6 5 years ago

In MarkG post you can see the bounce SW. This is the SW in the OP, make sure it is closed.

#7 5 years ago

I found a Surfer schematic and it's the same as shown in reply #5 except that the "3rd Pos Coin Unit" label is replaced by "CX" (2nd Player relay). Also, the wire between the Motor 1C and Motor 2B switches is maroon-green (I think - it's kind of fuzzy).

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

In MarkG post you can see the bounce SW. This is the SW in the OP, make sure it is closed.

It makes more sense to call it the anti- cheat switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-surfer-no-boot- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.