Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I Relay (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hello,
I have a 1976 Gottlieb Royal Flush that has issues with the bonus unit. I have checked everything and I have noticed that the spring on relay I (in charge of the bonus scoring) needs to be replaced.
I have tried to remove some rings, but it is still the same...

So I am looking for the spring replacement part. By any chance what is the spring reference for this relay ? The coil reference in the documentation says A-489 but there is no mention of the spring reference (see enclosed image).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance. Have a great day.

I Relay (resized).pngI Relay (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

A-8737 or A-9272. Marco has them.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks a lot for your answer. I was also thinking of A-5081 or A-9152 as it seems that these sprints are more for AS relays... Your thoughts ?

Thanks again for all your help.

#4 3 years ago

a new spring will not help that unit if it’s not cleaned and adjusted properly. If you’ve removed turns of the spring to get it to pull harder, then you probably haven’t fixed the problem.

This post (and a lot of practice) helped me learn to fix these:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-as-match-stepper-rebuild-step-by-step

Good luck,
Dave

#5 3 years ago

Thanks Dave. I will have a look.

Have a great day

#6 3 years ago

The numbers I gave are springs specifically for the AS relay. They came from the Gottlieb 1976 parts book. And yes, the relay won’t work unless it is clean.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-royal-flush-bonus-relay-unit-spring?hl=dgampguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.