(Topic ID: 298711)

1976 Chicago Coin Cinema Same Player shoots again issue.

By CarlH

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CarlH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cinema High Score (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello all, I have recently purchased a 1976 CC Cinema 4 player EM game. Everything is functional so far with only the usual minor issues with EM machines. I am learning fast but still need help from the pros. The problem I am having is only with players 3 and 4. The game is set for free play. "Same Player" ball is set for 51,000, and 80,000 points. Players 1 and 2 work as advertised at those values, however players 3 and 4 pass right thru those values and don't post "Same Player". Note: all 4 of the players can receive "Same Ball" when Exiting Lit Special lanes. Can someone guide me to where the issue may be? Has anyone seen this before?

#3 2 years ago

Thank you Mark for you suggestion. It will take me several days to get around to checking this out but I will give you the answer when I do.

#4 2 years ago

Hello All and MarkG,
I have tried both of your troubleshooting suggestions above and the results are still the same. No "Same Player Shoots Again" light on players 3 & 4 when high scores are achieved. (1) Lowered the values, and (2) Jumper the Player control at specified wires for player 3 and then player 4. Had no effect. Got to be something between player 3 or 4 output to which ever relay controls the light. Again All works as advertised for Players 1 & 2 and All 4 players get extra ball on lit exit lanes. Could still use some advice.

#6 2 years ago

Hello all and MarkG,
I have tried your suggestion above and I have posted the result details below. It appears to work when bypassed directly at every 1,000 points. Did each individually as well. I did continuity checks on the listed wires from PCU thru each Drum (Drum set to 0) and found no issues. I did find a mechanical issue with 3rd player 10,000 drum and corrected the loose armature. But that did not change anything after fixing. Still the same. On to the next suggestion.

 Jumpered red-yellow at PCU to yellow-black at PCU.
o Results= Each of the 4 players lit the same player light when they hit 1000 points. (Good)
 Jumpered red-yellow at PCU to each payer PCU wire individually
o Results= To 3rd player yellow-white, Yes, it worked for 3rd player only and no others (Good)
o Results= To 4th player green-white, Yes, it worked for 4th player only and no others (Good)
o Results= To 2nd player orange-white, Yes, it worked for 2nd player only and no others (Good)
o Results= To 1st player maroon-red, Yes, it worked for 1st player only and no others (Good)
 Checked Continuity between PCU and Score Adjust plug wires
o All 4 were good to plug and thru plug to outgoing wires.
 Checked continuity between Score adjust plug outgoing wires to each player 10,000 Drum including thru the drum to out going wire. (Note all 10,000 drums indicating 0)
o Player 1 PCU maroon-red to score adjust in, score adjust out white-red to 10,000 drum white-red, 10,000 drum white-red thru drum out to blue-orange. (no issues)
o Player 2 PCU orange-white to score adjust in, score adjust out orange-blue, to 10,000 drum orange-blue, 10,000 drum orange-blue thru drum out to blue-white. (no issues)
o Player 3 PCU yellow-white to score adjust in, score adjust out green-blue to 10,000 drum green-blue, 10,000 drum green-blue thru drum out to blue-white. (no issues)
o Player 4 PCU green-white to score adjust in, score adjust out white-green to 10,000 drum white-green, 10,000 drum white-green thru drum out to blue-brown. (no issues)

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for hanging with me. I don't know why I went that way just thought I would get lucky and find a broken wire. I'm still a rookie when it comes to this stuff. I will go back to jumpering to see if I can isolate. Reading the schematic gives me a headache and I have trouble understanding what the expected reaction should be to what is jumpered. I was able to follow your instructions perfectly. Done working on it for now. Will try again next weekend when I get time. I will keep you posted and if you can think of something just let me know.

#9 2 years ago

Problem has been fixed. There were two issues found.
1) found broken wire on Player 3 1000s unit going to player 4 1000s unit causing the 4th player issue.
2) found small tab not making contact with 1000s unit PC board on Player 3 (same circuit) causing Player 3 issue.
Working 100% now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-chicago-coin-cinema-same-player-shoots-again-issue?tu=carlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.