You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aaaWork-1_(resized).jpg
20160307_113955_(resized).jpg
20160222_113030_resized_(resized).jpg
2016-02-22_11.31.54_resized_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hello All. I am new to the forum, and I hope my issue is an easy fix. When a coin hits the actuator, instead of adding a credit, it jus starts the game. Is there an adjustment to fix this?

Also, I am looking into two parts. The 3-4 inch spring that attaches from the coin door to the reject plate, and the actuator cover (little box) and fish paper.

2016-02-22_11.31.54_resized_(resized).jpg2016-02-22_11.31.54_resized_(resized).jpg

20160222_113030_resized_(resized).jpg20160222_113030_resized_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Hi DJ...welcome
most pins have "if they have multi coin chutes", first slot can start a game or add credit, if there is an adjustment for it.
and then, second chute, just adds credit, or credits based on a jones plug that shud be on the bottom board towards the front.
the parts you are lookin for, can be had from pbresource, if they have them.

#3 8 years ago

ok, thats an SS game, the changes shud be in switch settings.

#4 8 years ago

conflicting info on page, or I am way too high to do this...lol, just kidding...or am I???

#5 8 years ago

Thanks. I did get a spring, actually just found one at a local hardware store. As far as the coin cover, PBR does not have them available. I'm going to try to make my own out of some tin.

#6 8 years ago

Awesome, I will check to see that the settings are correct so that I receive credits and doesn't start the game. If I tripped over it twice it just automatically starts two players, gives me no credit. The other thing I need to work on, is the free game match "knock"... I think the solenoid is not strong enough to pop the box.

#8 8 years ago

I made my own actuator cover out of a piece of tin. Got a spring. Still can't get my knock to work right.

#10 8 years ago

Knock is working. Found the previous cut a wire and bend a metal piece so it wouldn't set it off.

#11 8 years ago

Okay guys, I'm looking for some help. I cant get my Mac feature to work. Everything looks to be hooked up correctly, but, no credit when hit in the match. Anybody have any tips?

#12 8 years ago

I think CF has an on/off match option. There should be a plug in the backbox where it can be inserted in the on or off position... If it's in the "on" position, check the high score feature adjustment - make sure the plug is inserted in the "credit" option... If those check out okay, check the player reset relay contacts and game over relay contacts...

#13 8 years ago

Will do!

Thanks Fred

#14 8 years ago

Ran into a new problem. Bonus points won't go beyond 15k. All I have done is change out the back glass with LED.

Thoughts?

20160307_113955_(resized).jpg20160307_113955_(resized).jpg

#15 8 years ago

Bonus maxes out at 15k unless double bonus is lit.

#16 8 years ago

Thanks. Just tested...with double bonus, still maxes out at 15k. Maybe I just never noticed.

#17 8 years ago

I was looking at that the other night on mine. The gear only will go to 15. I thought it was odd also

-Jeff

#18 8 years ago

Hello all, my match problem continues to elude me. Also, the special bonus for extra game on the left down does not produce a new game. Does anyone have a picture of what I should be looking for when it comes to locating my match and special credit? The only loose wire I have found, produced 100000 Buzz for player four every 10,000 points. If anyone out there can snap me a picture and show me what to look for I would really appreciate it.

#19 8 years ago

Hi DJ_Charette
"first" I would like You to look (once more) at some Jones-Plugs (on the male side AND on the female side: Wires soldered-on ?) - and some Switches on relays (Score-Motor).
"Second" do a little manipulation*** on the Make-and-Brake-Switch on the Game-Over-Relay.
"Third" (if no look): We use some Jumper-Wires for checking / forcing a No-Match-Replay.

From ipdb-schema (around 20-24, C-F) I made a snippet of the area. "Green" line: Replays are made by the Score-Reels - a Make-and-Brake-Switch on Game-Over-Relay is "as shown in the schema) -> the Credit-Unit steps up.
The "orange lines" show "reaching Game-Over -> the M+B-Switch on Game-Over-Relay is moved -> eventually Player-1 gets a "No-Match-Replay".

I encircled "red" the switches / Jones Plugs You should check. NOTE: In the lower right corner I show again the "Switch on Player-Reset-Relay". I believe: An Error in the drawing - I would like to have an Normally-Closed-Switch.

The little manipulation***: It is awful to ALWAYS PLAY 3 OR 5 BALLS until You reach Game-Over (for testing the No-Match-Unit) -> If You manipulate the M+B-Switch -> during play the No-Match would fire (we are looking for a fault - we do not want to play) whenever *Match" AND the Score-Motor turns (through SCM-4A. IF YOU MANIPULATE THE M+B-SWITCH ON GAME-OVER-RELAY: Wrap around the three solder-lugs of the 3 blades a blank wire -> -> Not only at "GAME-Over - ALSO during play "the No-Match does fire".

If "No luck" -> we will use Jumper-Wires -> forcing current to flow / checking switches ...
Greetings Rolf

aaaWork-1_(resized).jpgaaaWork-1_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-captain-fantastic-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.