4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

We're a makerspace that got hold of a '76 Bally Old Chicago. It's mostly working, but there are two issues that have me stumped thus far.

The center saucer only triggers when the ICAGO starts lighting up. It does nothing when just OLD CH is lit.
The top saucer starts the score motor (?), which just keeps running until the ball is removed from the saucer. A relay on the right coin mech also fires (about once every second), until ball is removed.

Where to start diagnosing this? I'm guessing it's somehow related to the 5000 score relay, but that doesn't fire at all.

(It also doesn't allow more than two players, but I don't think that is related?)

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Ximinez:

The top saucer starts the score motor (?), which just keeps running until the ball is removed from the saucer.

Likely this score motor sw. and/or the relay sw. (lead into Top Hole Eject relay)

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Ximinez:

The center saucer only triggers when the ICAGO starts lighting up. It does nothing when just OLD CH is lit.

Check the Bonus Unit disc.

Quoted from Ximinez:

I'm guessing it's somehow related to the 5000 score relay, but that doesn't fire at all.

There are a bunch of things to check for this problem at F20 on the schematic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-bally-old-chicago-issue-with-both-saucers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.