CCE6D812-6E65-42AF-B474-9B10157BCAEC (resized).jpeg
4E570823-8C77-4C1E-85B9-B6279DB546A9 (resized).jpeg
32BB2B44-E538-4130-998F-C65B88161F82 (resized).jpeg
78D043B8-FA82-401A-A3D3-74E331510F5D (resized).jpeg
02D5425E-39C9-4A96-8040-1F34752BF0AA (resized).jpeg
goes to 11 (resized).jpg
8D926483-DB4A-44F5-A198-9844FF32DD49 (resized).jpeg
505B44CF-DCF3-4017-96CA-CB6DDC85308B (resized).jpeg

There are 491 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 4 years ago

Super-cool! I'm interested in one!

I had a YouTube video taken down for using a Bowie track. It was very frustrating since there were multiple versions of the same song that had been up for years and with millions of views. So, out of frustration I just copied and pasted all of the copyright info from one that had been up for a long time. And it worked! The video went back up and is still up! Yours might be trickier dunno...

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lifetime goal achieved.
rd

Hah! I figured a PA or something but running a Led Zep pinball through a Marshall half-stack is brilliant!

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

Id be in for one if I can build it myself ie. Bare boards or as a kit at a reduced price

I'd love it in kit form as well. Pinitech does that with LED displays and its kinda fun. Just like the old days with a Heathkit.

#454 4 years ago

It’s quite loud ...

rd

EDEEFE88-6B0C-4EE9-AFC0-F6A3795AA301 (resized).jpegEDEEFE88-6B0C-4EE9-AFC0-F6A3795AA301 (resized).jpeg
#455 4 years ago

When you roll it (over 99,990) the old 100,000 lamps now light up your player symbol.

Player 2 - rock and roll!

rd

1AEBAEDC-40AC-497A-A403-41EA8559BC48 (resized).jpeg1AEBAEDC-40AC-497A-A403-41EA8559BC48 (resized).jpeg
#456 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lifetime goal achieved.

Finally, we have a pro nailing that right spinner like a boss.

The action on that thing looks exceptional. So pleased that you improved on the original design.

\m/

-mof

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Finally, we have a pro nailing that right spinner like a boss.
The action on that thing looks exceptional. So pleased that you improved on the original design.
\m/
-mof

Thanks champ!

It sure plays very snappy for an EM.

Anyone who thinks EMs play slow and floaty are soon going to change their minds when they play this thing.

Re the spinners - they both rip nicely. The left one though - I initially thought it was my powdercoated gate being too tight - but it seems there is a flaw in the freedom design. If you nail it perfectly, it sails around, no problems.

But if you don’t nail it, it sorta deviates, hits the top post (right side, next to the gate) and wobbles around and comes back down.

You can see that in the first video I shot.

It is what it is - it rewards a good shot, and doesn’t reward an average one. Pinball karma.

rd

1 week later
#458 4 years ago

This is so amazing. Great job Dave! Please keep me in mind for a kit if they become available. I would love to own one too. Thanks

#459 4 years ago

Update: we have enough boards for 9 kits.

We also think these will work in a SS pin, I will try and test this soon.

I will be leaving for the USA next week so it’ll be 3-4 weeks before I can do anything.

Targeting a price of $99 USD plus postage per unit.

Can’t do kitsets - the components are surface mount, and the micro processor needs to be programmed after assembly. The board is a lot more complicated than you might think ... you can’t just plug an MP3 player into a pinball machine.

rd

#460 4 years ago

Are you doing another rotordave travels thread? Always enjoy following you around to places I'll never visit. Starting in LA again?

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

We also think these will work in a SS pin, I will try and test this soon.

rd

I was wondering about that, I like how you are just doing a track per ball. I have a few SS with chimes and from your video the music with chimes seems to be a really good fit.

#462 4 years ago

Put me down for one of the 9, please! Safe travels and happy holidays!

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Are you doing another rotordave travels thread? Always enjoy following you around to places I'll never visit

Thanks!

Nah, not this time. Just a routine trip to LA, Vegas and INDISC.

We have a couple of other roadtrips planned, might do them the end of next year ...

rd

1 week later
#464 4 years ago

If everyone can do me a favour - head over to This Week in Pinball and put in a vote for Brad Albright for best Rookie. (For his art on my pin)

He deserves it!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-voting-now-open/

Thanks!

rd

#465 4 years ago

Please note: You are allowed one vote per email address. If you change your mind and would like to change your vote, simply vote a second time and we will keep the most recent vote. Make sure to vote for all categories in your final vote - all previous votes will be deleted!

#466 4 years ago

a shame they didn't have your game as a option to vote for

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a shame they didn't have your game as a option to vote for

Well .... there’s a story behind that.

Originally it was in.

Then they decided that a “Homebrew” has to be all original. Fair enough .... I would suggest that it would also need to be fully completed in 2019 as well - half of them are not fully complete.

Maybe they should have also added a “retheme” section at the same time.

Whatever! I don’t require external validation to know that I made a f**king awesome pinball machine!

And I’m rooting (!) for Brad to win in the rookie award!

rd

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Originally it was in.
Then they decided that a “Homebrew” has to be all original. Fair enough .... I would suggest that it would also need to be fully completed in 2019 as well - half of them are not fully complete.
Whatever! I don’t require external validation to know that I made a f**king awesome pinball machine!

rd

yes have to agree on the games should be finished and half completed games with no art, not with full games etc should be able to go into the vote.

Cool art work and cool game - well done

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Originally it was in.

rd

changed my vote to give it to Brad for the rookie award

1 week later
#470 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Originally it was in.

rd

Yeah the drawback to the way the TWIPYs work is .... it's not a matter of who made the best machine, artwork etc. that wins it's who has the most friends/followers that wins. If you have the "best" you shouldn't have to encourage people to vote for you. Not knocking anyone or the awards, just my warped sense of thinking!

Safe travels Dave and if you make your way up to Santa Barbara......

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah the drawback to the way the TWIPYs work is .... it's not a matter of who made the best machine, artwork etc. that wins it's who has the most friends/followers that wins. If you have the "best" you shouldn't have to encourage people to vote for you. Not knocking anyone or the awards, just my warped sense of thinking!
Safe travels Dave and if you make your way up to Santa Barbara......

Just landed in Fiji on the way home.

Yep, most “awards” end up being popularity contests. For Homebrew, I’m betting Dangers one will win, even though it is by far the least complete of all of them.

rd

1 week later
#472 4 years ago

Just re the music player ...

We have christened it the Stun Ray Music Machine.

We have made an initial run of 10 boards.

3 have already gone ... I thought I would post it here first, as some of you guys have been keen.

Cost is $99, plus the cost of postage.

I just posted 2 to Canada, it was $20 for air post. 3-7 days delivery, it said.

Here is a video of what it can do, and how to hook it up.

One thing I didn’t mention, is that it also has a powered speaker output as well. It’s about a 3w amp, so not super grunty - but probably loud enough for some. I prefer to run it through the Bluetooth speaker, as per this video.

Cheers!
Dave.

#473 4 years ago

Do you take paypal?

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Do you take paypal?

Yes! Yes I do.

Also - I shot a follow up video, to show the amplifier.

I only had a shitty old car speaker on hand - literally from the door of my hearse.

rd

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just re the music player ...
We have christened it the Stun Ray Music Machine.
We have made an initial run of 10 boards.
3 have already gone ... I thought I would post it here first, as some of you guys have been keen.
Cost is $99, plus the cost of postage.
I just posted 2 to Canada, it was $20 for air post. 3-7 days delivery, it said.
Here is a video of what it can do, and how to hook it up.
One thing I didn’t mention, is that it also has a powered speaker output as well. It’s about a 3w amp, so not super grunty - but probably loud enough for some. I prefer to run it through the Bluetooth speaker, as per this video.
Cheers!
Dave.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

5 months later
#476 3 years ago

My Led Zeppelin retheme pinball machine will be available soon for your Virtual Pinball machine!

Currently a work in progress, created by Douglas Reid .. it’s almost done. The digital version plays snappy, just like the real one!

Virtual Pinball has come a long way since I last played it!

rd

#477 3 years ago

Amazing job. If I am ever in NZ I got to see it and play it.

3 weeks later
#478 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin Virtual Pinball is now available for download!

Enjoy!

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/led-zeppelin-pinball/

rd

#479 3 years ago

Can't thank you enough for giving your blessing on the virtual version. That fourth pop is really inspired, not to mention the art...

#480 3 years ago

Looks just like the real thing.

Quite amazing.

rd

3 months later
#481 3 years ago

We must have done a pretty good job making this pin look like it was made in 1976 ...

Even the New Zealand Stern distributor thinks it’s an “old Bally Led Zeppelin”

Lolllll

rd
6C1531B7-BAAF-495D-B369-667D5A9714FC (resized).jpeg6C1531B7-BAAF-495D-B369-667D5A9714FC (resized).jpeg

#482 3 years ago

Stern should have used your work, would have sold a bunch
now not so sure

Im out for sure

#483 3 years ago

Rather have yours any day. Oh my god, how embarrassment. Professional pinball people.

oh-my-god-how-embarrassment (resized).jpgoh-my-god-how-embarrassment (resized).jpg

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Rather have yours any day. Oh my god, how embarrassment. Professional pinball people.
[quoted image]

I agree 100%! You set the bar high, Dave. They didn't even come close.

#485 3 years ago

Hilarious!

#486 3 years ago

Dave's LZ EM art package blows Sterns art packages away.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Dave's LZ EM art package blows Sterns art packages away.

Wish i could upvote this a hundred times.

The difference between art and a negotiation. it is what is, but I'm sure the LZ when they were teens wouldn't have wanted it to be like this just for money.

Bet i know which one they'd vote for then.

AndNowPunkin

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Def levels above the Stern art. I mean.... they basically just slapped the albums on the cab. Didnt even change the backglass!!!!

10 months later
#489 2 years ago

I just posted this on Facebook ... cool to update the thread.

Pretty strange/weird/cool watching something me and Brad Albright created from a pile of old junk take on a life of its own and become “a thing” out there for pinball people to enjoy around the world.

The VP community has created an LCD display package to go with my playfield and Brads art. Pretty cool.

Hopefully lightning might strike twice with the next project (wink wink)

#491 2 years ago

Yeah, that is so friggin awesome!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 491 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-bally-led-zeppelin-retheme/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.