You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200805_124014 (resized).jpg
20200719_220150 (resized).jpg
Aladdins Castle Credit relay (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi All-- First Post.... Our Bally Aladdin's Castle won't start. Score reels are reset, score motor is in start position, Lock Relay energized. When we press Credit Button nothing happens. We have cleaned all contacts on bottom board, cleaned Credit Unit contacts, cleaned all Jones Plugs, etc. If we press the Reset Relay the targets, numbers, and flippers work but game with not kick out ball.
Looking forward to your help

#2 3 years ago

Can you add credits manually? Either by activating the coin switch or the credit unit?
Are the required number of balls in the machine and all properly detected?

#3 3 years ago

Welcome to Pinside. There's a schematic and manual for your game on IPDB.org.

If you press the Credit Button (in the red box) the Credit relay should fire.
Aladdins Castle Credit relay (resized).jpgAladdins Castle Credit relay (resized).jpg
If it doesn't, carefully check all the switches and fuse in the path shown in red.

BTW, unless you've been at this for a while cleaning all the (contacts, plugs, relays, etc.) is just as likely to introduce problems as resolve them.

/Mark

#4 3 years ago

Yes we can, and have, added credits manually.
Thanks so much for the diagram.
Yes we have a little experience cleaning contacts. We have several machines in our home. Doesn't mean we are experts by any means....Hey we can't get this one going...

#5 3 years ago

Where is this SET contact physically located in the cabinet and where is the SET relay? I'm not seeing this on my schematic

20200719_220150 (resized).jpg20200719_220150 (resized).jpg
#6 3 years ago

Sorry, that should read "Reset" relay not "Set" relay. It's a normally closed switch on the Reset relay which is inside the cabinet on the right side. Page 30 of the manual on IPDB.org shows where it is. It connects a blue-orange wire to a black-white wire.

#7 3 years ago

MarkG Thanks so much....Slap on forehead for me not recognizing that was Reset relay contact.

#8 3 years ago

Hi bill_ na,there are a few post on this machine that dive deep into this game,(still working on mine also.)anyway,this game has a ac circuit and dc circuit.dc runs playfield.ac runs relays ect...you might read thru those also to get a few tips.and to see parts of schems.I will be back in the fall when my repair season starts.good luck.if you solve problem please post solution to problems in machine.thanks.

2 weeks later
#9 3 years ago

Just getting back to troubleshooting the pinball. Question: What does the circuit go through the 49 ohm Credit Relay Coil instead of through a contact ?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from bill_na:

What does the circuit go through the 49 ohm Credit Relay Coil instead of through a contact ?

Can you rephrase the question?

#11 3 years ago

Yes..Following current flow on this drawing the path goes through the credit relay "coil" and I wonder why through the coil winding

20200805_124014 (resized).jpg20200805_124014 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-bally-aladdin-s-castle-castle-won-t-start?hl=pinballbrian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.