Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lincsled
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

This spring I resurrected my little chief that had been sitting in storage for over 20 years,it took a lot of tinkering and cleaning but I finally got it working,for the most part, but yesterday it started acting up,it wouldn't give me my accrued bonus points,I could hear something down in the cabinet clicking so I opened the play field and took some compressed air and blew out the points,with a vacuum running,but when I shut the play field and turned on the power and pushed the button to start the play I got nothing! It is set up so you don't have to feed it coins but I tried that anyway,I also tried to give it games up on the back board,but nothing seemed to work!
Any ideas?

#2 3 years ago

Sounds like you got a new short somewhere and a blown fuse but I’m sure the experts on here will be weighing in soon.

#3 3 years ago

After posting I went back out and kept looking,I remembered there were some bare wires up on the game tally wheel,I think from when they set the machine up for free play,sure enough one of those had vibrated down onto a metal bracket,none of the connections had been soldered so I pulled out the soldering pencil and soldered all the connections then taped them.
So that problem has been fixed,I'm still occasionally having the bonus point problem and the center kick out hole doesn't tally,that is a minor problem that doesn't detract too much from the game.
When I had the glass off I wiped the play field with a finger and came up with a fine layer of dust,something I'm going to fight out here.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from lincsled:

After posting I went back out and kept looking,I remembered there were some bare wires up on the game tally wheel,I think from when they set the machine up for free play,sure enough one of those had vibrated down onto a metal bracket,none of the connections had been soldered so I pulled out the soldering pencil and soldered all the connections then taped them.
So that problem has been fixed,I'm still occasionally having the bonus point problem and the center kick out hole doesn't tally,that is a minor problem that doesn't detract too much from the game.
When I had the glass off I wiped the play field with a finger and came up with a fine layer of dust,something I'm going to fight out here.

For the kickout hole, is the mech operating but it’s not counting the Kickout bonuses?

Alberto

#5 3 years ago

Hi Peruman, The kick out works but it doesn't count your balls,none of the lights under the kick out hole light up! Thanks

#6 3 years ago

The schematic and instruction manual for this game are available at IPDB:

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=little+chief&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1458

For the kick-out, the bonus there is counted by the Eject Advance unit which sits under the playflield, next to the kicker. Manually actuate the kicker switch (use a pencil, that kicker will get your fingers if not) and see if the Advance Unit is counting forward. If not, it might need to be cleaned or just not getting the input from the kicker switch. This drum unit is reset by the Eject Reset relay, this happens when you loose the ball. One more thing to check is if the bulbs are still good.

You also mentioned having a problem with the game not counting your bonuses. These are tallied by the Bonus Unit - again check for cleanliness and operation. If either one of those is off, it won't keep track of the bonuses.

Hope this helps,

Alberto

#7 3 years ago

Thanks,I'll get under there tomorrow and see what I can find. There area I live in has really serious blow sand problem,everything get coated with a super fine film every time the wind blows,which is most of the time,hopefully a good vacuum and some canned air will clean it out!.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1975-williams-little-chief-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.