20201106_220246 (resized).jpg
20201106_220234 (resized).jpg
20201106_214812 (resized).jpg
20201106_214753 (resized).jpg
20201106_214726 (resized).jpg
20201105_022137 (resized).jpg
20201105_022125 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

Hi Alex
I am not sure about Your post-5 --- is it description of "have found a fault" ? or (Your 'where to next?') is it a report on a still open problem ? Greetings Rolf

#14 3 years ago

Hi Alex
What do You have ? - two Coin-Slots or three Coin-Slots ? Do You have the Alternator-Unit ? If You have two Coin-Slots - are they "25 Cent and 10 Cent" or "25 Cent and 5 Cent" or "10 Cent and 5 Cent" ?
What do You want ? Just make an nice set up "5 plays for a big Coin - 2 plays for a small Coin (or such)" in Your pin ? Or do You want to bring Your pin (wiring) to "exactly as shown in the ipdb-Schematics" ?

Some true Add-A-Ball-Pins did not have an REPLAY-Counter (what for when the state did not allow Replays) - simply one Coin-Slot for "one Coin thrown in starts a (the) game".
Many pins can be adjusted to "one (small) Coin thrown-in gives one Play - starting a Play". I see in the schematics "Little Chief" the plugging "one (big) coin gives SIX Plays - five step-ups on the Replay-Counter and one as 'starting a Play' ".
My Gottlieb Liberty Belle has the funny adjustment "one (small) coin - one step-up on the Replay-Counter and one as 'starting a Play' ".
I never have encountered "ONE Coin - ONE STEP-UP on the Replay-Counter". Greetings Rolf

#17 3 years ago

Hi Alex
I do have problems with "Adobe Acrobat Reader" - my version is smashed - cannot delete completely - cannot load an new version - I must use other PDF-Readers so I (me only) cannot look up here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/ to http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK
then in such stuff http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1964/index.html unfortunately I cannot look up - but You can browse around ? ...

But I have some pictures - the first JPG shows the Alternator-Unit in my Space Mission - unused. The second JPG shows an No-Match-Unit - an stepper - endlessly forward, forward, forward. In the third JPG we see my Space-Mission-No-Match-Unit - see "green 3, 4, 5": a Switch (blade-green-4 and blade-green-5) is actuated by a hard to see gear (green-3).
And in my last JPG we see (copy of planetarypinball parts-book) bottom-left: On the axis of the stepper maybe is a gear with only ONE tooth*** or maybe FIVE teeth*** to actuate the mentioned switch - maybe there is no tooth***, Zero teeth*** to actuate the encircled-green switch.

The function of the ALTERNATOR-Unit for starting a game is: Switch is stepped (starting with ON ?) OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON etc. so we must throw-in two Coins to make the Start-Relay to pull-in (when switch comes to "ON" position). An Alternator is needed when we want "TWO Coins must be thrown-in to start a game" - a seldom used function. I actually never have seen an working Alternator-Unit. Greetings Rolf

0Space-Mission-Alternator-Unit-1 (resized).JPG0Space-Mission-Alternator-Unit-1 (resized).JPG0Space-Mission-No-Match-Unit (resized).jpg0Space-Mission-No-Match-Unit (resized).jpg0Space-Mission-Match-Unit-real (resized).jpg0Space-Mission-Match-Unit-real (resized).jpg0Space-Mission-Stepper-Unit (resized).jpg0Space-Mission-Stepper-Unit (resized).jpg

#18 3 years ago

Hi Alex
I was scratching my head - in the manual of what pin did I see the drawing of an Alternator Unit ? Lucky me I was looking at other topics tonight - hihi - Dipsy Doodle YES we see the Alternator Unit in the manual - see here https://www.ipdb.org/files/683/Williams_1970_Dipsy_Doodle_Instruction_Manual.pdf on page-4 (ori-2). Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1975-williams-little-chief-coin-up-problems?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.