• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

triple strike pinball numbers (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hey guys,

So, I have a Triple Strike Pinball machine and I have been baffled by two different numbers that are being tracked on the backglass. First, there is a giant number wheel that seems to change when a new game is started, and the number lines up with the ball return. Does anyone know what this is for? Also, there are numbers from 10-90 that light up at the top and I'm not sure what that is tracking either, as none of the lights have ever turned on for me. Not sure if I need to replace the bulbs or if I need to do something to trigger those lights to come on. I didn't see anything in the manual referencing these things. Maybe it's a common system I don't know about from that time period of machines... am I missing something? Picture attached for reference. You can see the 90 lit up, and the hole for the other number is above the blonde girl's head.

Thanks!

triple strike pinball numbers (resized).jpgtriple strike pinball numbers (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

the numbers 10-90 are match numbers. when the lit number matches the last two digits of your score at the end of the game, you are issued one credit. the big number wheel which shows in the window above the blonde girls head is how many credits you have left, one credit equals one game.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

the numbers 10-90 are match numbers. when the lit number matches the last two digits of your score at the end of the game, you are issued one credit. the big number wheel which shows in the window above the blonde girls head is how many credits you have left, one credit equals one game.

Thank you! That makes total sense now. My machine has been on free play since I got it, so I guess it makes sense that none of that stuff is acting in a normal fashion. Might switch it to quarter play just to get that satisfying feeling of putting the money in and seeing things operate as they should.

#4 4 years ago

For the match lights not working the match feature may be turned off which makes sense in a free play setting. There is a plug in the head that should be labeled as match that allows you to change that behavior.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from paddlepaw:

For the match lights not working the match feature may be turned off which makes sense in a free play setting. There is a plug in the head that should be labeled as match that allows you to change that behavior.

If the game is in Extra Ball mode, the match unit is unfunctional.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 24.98
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1975-triple-strike-pinball-numbers-question?hl=pschwisow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.