(Topic ID: 29569)

1975 Gottlieb SPIN OUT.... Hard to find???

By Drano

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20121105_172636.jpg
IMG_20121105_161859.jpg
IMG_20121105_161943.jpg
IMG_20121105_161918.jpg
IMG_20121105_161955.jpg
IMG_20121105_162013.jpg
#1 11 years ago

It's happening! I've only had my first EM (Centigrade 37) for a little over two weeks and I've already got the bug. To be honest, I get down to the PHOF at least once a year and a few of the single player wedge heads there have really grabbed my attention. I love the art, sounds and the need for pure pinball skill that these games demand.

I'm considering adding a 2nd EM within the next 6-12 months and I want something that has a different layout and gameplay to my C37. I like Eldorado/Target Alpha, but they seem pretty common and easier to find. The other game that's really grabbed me is Spin Out. I love the art/theme and the slingshots and roto target offer something different from my other EM. I also love the challenge of trying to avoid that #4 target until the end!

I don't see a lot of them on the web and I think only one Pinsider has it listed in their collection. Just curious if these are hard to come by or very expensive? I don't think the game is especially sought after or collectible... just curious?

I also recently found the Spin Out restoration thread by ne1. Super nice work. In hoping for less of a project

If anyone knows of one that could be had, please let me know.
Distance is not a huge issue. I have connections across the US and Canada, but near Toronto or NOrth Eastern US is definitely much better.

Wuld love to hear others' opinions/thoughts on this game too!
Thanks in advance.

Adriano

#2 11 years ago

We have one but I have never seen another.....I'll keep my eys open for one for you!

Charlie

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

We have one but I have never seen another.....I'll keep my eys open for one for you!
Charlie

Thank you! So you're the one
Surprisingly there are at least 3 in my immediate area that I'm aware of... but doubtful that they'll leave their current homes anytime soon.

#4 11 years ago

that one might be tough to find, good luck

#5 11 years ago

Yeah, not a lot made I think? Under 3000 units for sure. Not sure how many may have gone overseas?
I'm really curious on value. I could only find 3-4 references and they went from $600 to $1500 to over $2000+

#6 11 years ago

Not THAT rare

nh.craigslist.org link

#7 11 years ago

Nice find. Not too old too! I'm sure it's gone though.
Still, if it pans out ill have to send you a free set of mirror blades. I've sent him a message.

It still amazes me how some of you guys find this stuff. I did a google search for spin out and Craigslist and nothing!
Anyone use an automated search bot to find stuff like this? What's good?

#8 11 years ago

I regularly check local craigslist ads because I've got the bug. If you google 'multiple craigslist search' there are some sites that do it for you.

My secret sauce is RSS. You can set searches to return results as RSS feeds, use an RSS reader to poll multiple sites and set common search terms and voila. It helps I'm a programmer so I can roll my own

#9 11 years ago

Looks like an interesting game.

I really like the Backglass and Cabinet art.

Hopefully the one on Craig's List finds a home with you.

Ken

#10 11 years ago

Yup. It does not get a lot of love, but it's a quick and wide open game with the roto target being the main feature.
Each rotating target represents a "place" in the race and is marked by a lit insert in front. Only two numbers are exposed at any given time and lighting up several in sequence awards replays. However, you can score a secret multi-replay by lighting them all and getting the #4 last... so there's some cool strategy to it.

It's not super loaded like an Eldorado for example, but I dig the art and always wanted a roto-target wedgehead. I think my ideal 3-pin EM lineup would be C37, Spin Out and Eldorado. For a mini EM collection, these games all offer good variety, different gameplay and awesome art. They would look pretty cool all In a row!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Charlie

Charlie don't I get to be first in line? Your the 2nd game local I know of.. Some day I will find one in my house!

#12 11 years ago

Hi Drano,

(Ne1) I'm almost done going through the one I have. I may be interested in parting with mine when I'm done. I have 2 more projects waiting and a wife! (hehe)

BTW, It is an interesting game. I love the cabinet art work.

#13 11 years ago

I think a CE3K EM would be cool!! But hard to find for sale.
Next choice is Monty Carlo (Bally 1972)

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from ne1:

Hi Drano,
(Ne1) I'm almost done going through the one I have. I may be interested in parting with mine when I'm done. I have 2 more projects waiting and a wife! (hehe)
BTW, It is an interesting game. I love the cabinet art work.

That would be sweet. PM sent

Actually, the one on CL listed above is still available as well. I'm talking to the seller to see if it makes sense.

#15 11 years ago

Yo KRK,

I'll keep you informed as well. I got your hand truck resting quietly in Chinatown next time you're in the area......

#16 11 years ago

hehe no worries, yea wanna come help you out some monday or tuesday will follow up on email later.

#17 11 years ago

@ Spudgunman,

#18 11 years ago

i'm coming with

#19 11 years ago

Well, just closed the deal on the Spin Out from the CL list posted above! Big thanks to Richtofen!
Ill post pics soon.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Well, just closed the deal on the Spin Out from the CL list posted above!

Congrats!

Always a fun time picking up a new to you machine!

Ken

#21 11 years ago

Drano, out of curiosity, how are you getting the pin up to you? Looking at possibly picking up a pin in Quebec but am not sure of the best (cheapest, safest) way to get it to MA.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Drano, out of curiosity, how are you getting the pin up to you? Looking at possibly picking up a pin in Quebec but am not sure of the best (cheapest, safest) way to get it to MA.

Well, I've never tried it before, but I am using uship.com
I am an hour drive to Buffalo NY so I set up two auctions.

One auction was to ship from the seller's location in NH to Buffalo NY, where I will pick it up and bring it across the border.

The other auction was set up for direct shipping to me in Toronto.

I got some bids and selected a shipper to do option 1, but there were a few that bid on bringing it across and some were pretty reasonable. Might be worth a try.

#23 11 years ago

Thanks for the response, the only thing I'm unsure about is paper work for customs? I was originally going to see what NAVL would quote but heard I would have to get a broker involved as well as they don't handle anything regarding customs paperwork. Maybe I'll check out uship.

#24 11 years ago

AWESOME. glad I could be a part of your next machine! I don't need mirror blades (I don't think!); for now I'm thrilled that a machine finds its way to someone who will really appreciate it. However, if you ever find a pile of LEDs that you don't need, well, in that case I might not be so shy

If I ever find myself in Toronto, I am totally inviting myself over to play your EM pins.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Well, just closed the deal on the Spin Out from the CL list posted above! Big thanks to Richtofen!
Ill post pics soon.

Congrats. That listing has been haunting me for 2 weeks, now. Only about an hour from my house A great machine--backglass reminds me of the Hot Wheels catalogs from the early 1970's, and that roto-targets just too much fun.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Thanks for the response, the only thing I'm unsure about is paper work for customs? I was originally going to see what NAVL would quote but heard I would have to get a broker involved as well as they don't handle anything regarding customs paperwork. Maybe I'll check out uship.

A couple of the guys that quoted on Uship.com offered to handle the customs. You pay the tax if any. Other (larger) firms will require you to go through a broker to pre-clear the shipment.

Quoted from Richthofen:

AWESOME. glad I could be a part of your next machine! I don't need mirror blades (I don't think!); for now I'm thrilled that a machine finds its way to someone who will really appreciate it. However, if you ever find a pile of LEDs that you don't need, well, in that case I might not be so shy
If I ever find myself in Toronto, I am totally inviting myself over to play your EM pins.

I have a buddy that pulls LEDs out of every game he buys. I'll ask
My door is always open.

Quoted from albummydavis:

Congrats. That listing has been haunting me for 2 weeks, now. Only about an hour from my house A great machine--backglass reminds me of the Hot Wheels catalogs from the early 1970's, and that roto-targets just too much fun.

It is a cool game from what I remember of it. The art gets me, but the unique nature of the roto target and the strategy behind which targets to hit when, is awesome. If I can eventually land an El Dorado to go with C37 and Spin Out, I will be a super happy guy. All have killer art, great gameplay and all feature something unique whether its the animated back glass, drop targets, roto targets etc... For a collection my size, those 3 wedgeheads would be perfect!

#27 11 years ago

A couple of pics.
The CL ad actually used images he got off the web. The seller didn't get around to shooting actual pics until just the day that I spoke to him. These are off my iPad. Lets see if this works.
IMG_20121105_162013.jpgIMG_20121105_162013.jpg IMG_20121105_161955.jpgIMG_20121105_161955.jpg IMG_20121105_161918.jpgIMG_20121105_161918.jpg

#28 11 years ago

jealous -if anyone local to me has one I will buy it off you.

#29 11 years ago

Fixed the pics above and added a few more.

The game is very clean but obviously there is a bit of touch-up to be done to the playfield, backglass and the drilled cabinet. All of which I love to do

IMG_20121105_161943.jpgIMG_20121105_161943.jpg IMG_20121105_161859.jpgIMG_20121105_161859.jpg IMG_20121105_172636.jpgIMG_20121105_172636.jpg

#30 11 years ago

Good deal!

Looks like it's in really good condition and not much to touch up to do.

Back glass is not bad.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Have Fun!

Ken

#31 11 years ago

I need a scan of the roto target plastic. Any chance you can scan it for me?

thanks,
Charlie

#32 11 years ago

Charlie no, you need to not get attached to this game. consider it a loss and hook me up!

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I need a scan of the roto target plastic. Any chance you can scan it for me?
thanks,
Charlie

I surely can.
I get the game on the 18th. I'll shoot you a PM once I have it.

#34 11 years ago

Spudgunman, I will try to find you one. Ours is not for sale,sorry. It is available to play. (hint, hint)

#35 11 years ago

Those GTB single players can be real addictive
good luck with it Drano

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1975-gottlieb-spin-out-hard-to-find and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.