• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by currieddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb Soccer Player lights (resized).jpg
Soccer Player Light Sch..pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I am working on the 75 Soccer and cannot get the player lights in the light box to alternate between Player 1 and Player 2. They stay on for both players all the time. I have looked at the ball stepper unit and looked at the cams and switch positions, they all seem to me okay but it is also hard to see some of the switches in the stacks. Can anyone show me the exact location or stack I should be looking at and concentrate on? I have the schematics but don't really know how to read them very well. Thank you in advance for the help.

#3 6 years ago

Sorry but I am not sure what you are getting at about scanning the schematics? I have a set I just don't know how to read them yet. I am just asking for someone with more experience than me to direct me where to look for this adjustment.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks guys I will try out your ideas and see what I get with those...

#7 6 years ago

I am getting closer but not quite correct yet. I looked at the sch. and the bank of switches. The Player 1 and Player 2 were on all the time so I looked for the Blue/Black wires and there are 2 of them soldered together on one blade and 2 Orange/Blacks on another blade. Looks like newer solder joints so I see that the Blue/Black are normally closed so I switched those on to the normally closed blade. Now what I have is every other ball both Player Lights are on and then off with the next ball. Probably something simple I am missing. I have attached the part of the schematic for any help you can provide?

Soccer Player Light Sch..pdfSoccer Player Light Sch..pdf

#10 6 years ago

Thanks Mark, I'll check the QB switch and clean and gap it. I may need to reverse my solder job.

Update, thanks MarkG. that was it and is now working like it should. I really appreciate the pointer and it also helps me learn how to understand schematics a little better. I did have to reverse back the 2 wires that I had switched.

Dave

#12 6 years ago

Yes it is the game over. The switch was touching both contacts. One small adjustment and revered the wires I had moved in the Player Stepper did the trick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 1.49
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1975-gottlieb-soccer-player-light-issue?tu=Budski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.