Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jc-trout
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hello. I'm working on a 1975 Gottlieb Soccer. I've checked all the coils, fuses, and cleaned and inspected all the connectors as well as a visual test. When the game is turned on, the backglass lights up as well as the "game over" and "tilt" lights, but the bottom playfield does not. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time. JC

#3 7 years ago

do you know what a slam tilt switch is . there is one on the door and one under the playfield on the bottom side . the door one should be closed . ie touching together . check these

#4 7 years ago

Sounds silly, but is there a ball in the game? Also need a credit on the half-moon credit wheel. There may be a slam switch in the head that should be closed (and clean).

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Jc-trout:

Hello. I'm working on a 1975 Gottlieb Soccer. I've checked all the coils, fuses, and cleaned and inspected all the connectors as well as a visual test. When the game is turned on, the backglass lights up as well as the "game over" and "tilt" lights, but the bottom playfield does not. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time. JC

Normal behavior for this game. Does the playfield light up and work after the credit button is pressed with credits on the game?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Does the playfield light up and work after the credit button is pressed with credits on the game?

#7 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for your responses. Upon reading and researching more about the old Gottlieb machines, I manually turned the score motor reel on the bottom of the machine and then it fired up. I was able to play a single game, then played 2 rounds of a 2 player game, then the score motor started rotating without stopping to reset a new game. I am now going to look at the the adjustment contacts, etc. to get it working again. In regards to the slam tilt switches, I wasn't aware of one underneath the play field, but will look at it this evening. Thank you again for all of the comments and suggestions. I have already learned a lot from this discussion. Much appreciated, JC.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Jc-trout:

then played 2 rounds of a 2 player game, then the score motor started rotating without stopping to reset a new game.

Score reels reset to zero? That's a common issue in start path, if numbers get hung up it won't reset.

#9 7 years ago

Hello Wickerman2. Yes, both score reels reset to zero, but the score motor just spins continuously now and won't stop and reset to allow another game to begin. I'm thinking a minor adjustment somewhere. Thanks again, JC.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1975-gottlieb-soccer-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.