Topic poll

“Who Wants A 1975 Gottlieb Atlantis Playfield?”

• Yes! Yes! Put me down for one! 35 votes
    57%
  • Cool! I'll Buy Two! 1 vote
    2%
  • Getting 3 is my Limit Man! 1 vote
    2%
  • Sorry, I Just Can't Do It Right Now, but you guys carry on without me. 24 votes
    39%

(61 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P_20170127_165256 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_165220 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_165122 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_164839 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_164755 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_164741 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_164539 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
CPJbwU1WcAEcICF (resized).png
rat fink (resized).jpg
rob atlantis (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckmeck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Are people paying for Atlantis now? I sent Wade a message mid December asking if he wanted some $$, but all he said was that Gold Strikes was done, and Knock Out was about to start...

When I asked Wade about Atlantis a few days ago, he said it wouldn't be done until late spring. I paid for mine fully to ensure I wouldn't miss out, and I encourage anyone who is serious about getting his or her own to talk to him about making a deposit.

3 months later
#179 8 years ago

Realistically, you could only incur wear on a reproduction playfield through gross negligence, like never cleaning/waxing it, using a damaged pinball, storing the game in a climate-uncontrolled space, or attacking it with a machete.

These games are now in the "long tail" phase of their existence. They get only the tiniest fraction of use compared to when they were on location, where they would get thousands of plays per month.

Below are some pics of an unrestored 2001 I bought in 2011. According to the paperwork inside, it was played 50k times in its first four years, yet it has no wear near the kick holes. The operator of this 2001 obviously cared after the playfield.

Once you put a reproduction playfield in a game, it becomes a low-mileage "grandma-to-church" car. All you should need to do is keep it clean and waxed.

2001 Kick Holes2001 Kick Holes
2001 Paperwork2001 Paperwork

9 months later
#341 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that pin was only used on the sample run. then they enlarged the plastic and stopped using the pin. the hole was still there during production run but no pin installed. very common mistake, i see people all the time put the pin in.
the other pins you noticed missing are needed for proper game play

Only the middle two lanes (2/7 and 8/3) of the bagatelle have the pins. 6/1 and 4/9 do not.

It appears that Electrocute's Atlantis does not have any pins in the bagatelle, and I'm curious about its effect on game play.

Speaking of the matter, what is the purpose of the pins? Why do 2/7 and 8/3 have pins, but 6/1 and 4/9 have none? I checked IPDB and Sheriff/Lawman are the same way.

I'm interested in people's opinions because I have an Atlantis PF swap in my future; I might opt to not install these pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckmeck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1975-gottlieb-atlantis-new-playfield-production?tu=leckmeck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.