Topic poll

“Who Wants A 1975 Gottlieb Atlantis Playfield?”

• Yes! Yes! Put me down for one! 35 votes
    57%
  • Cool! I'll Buy Two! 1 vote
    2%
  • Getting 3 is my Limit Man! 1 vote
    2%
  • Sorry, I Just Can't Do It Right Now, but you guys carry on without me. 24 votes
    39%

(61 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P_20170127_165256 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_165220 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_165122 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_164839 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_164755 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_164741 (resized).jpg
P_20170127_164539 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
CPJbwU1WcAEcICF (resized).png
rat fink (resized).jpg
rob atlantis (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 9 years ago

I'd like to add my name to the list.

Really looking forward to this.

#52 9 years ago

The more the merrier.

At this rate Wade will have his work cut out for him for a while reproducing this title alone, but I'm sure he is completely happy with that.

Ken

1 week later
#53 9 years ago

Nice to see this is still coming along; and free bump!

1 month later
#54 8 years ago

Add me to the list please

#55 8 years ago

Yep....Im in for one.

#56 8 years ago

Guys just be patient. I'm friends with Wade and seen him make playfields first hand. All I can say is they are nothing but prefection. With that being said it takes time to make them perfect. Im glad to see this thread going. He diffently needs commitments on any playfield he does. Keep the commitments coming... Cant wait for this one.

2 months later
#57 8 years ago

Just picked up an Atlantis with a nice playfield, but I'll commit to buying one. Please add me to the list!

#58 8 years ago

I don't have an Atlantis, but signed up earlier in this thread cause I'd build one from scratch somehow. Love this game. If anyone has an Atlantis to sell in the southeast states, pm me.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Just picked up an Atlantis with a nice playfield, but I'll commit to buying one. Please add me to the list!

without pictures this never happened!!!

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

without pictures this never happened!!!

Lol Dave. I ended up getting it. All set up now. Plays great!

// Error: Image 438090 not found //// Error: Image 438091 not found //// Error: Image 438092 not found //// Error: Image 438094 not found //

#61 8 years ago

Not sure why the pics didn't show up. They did in the 'Preview post'.

#62 8 years ago

Not sure why the pics didn't show up. They did in the 'Preview post'.

I guess I am not the only Rookie

#63 8 years ago

Never played Atlantis. I'll have to try playing it along with others at the PHOF.

#64 8 years ago

If this is where you sign up put me down for one.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I guess I am not the only Rookie

Scary to think I run a manage a group of web developers!

Let's try the pictures thing again. For some reason, I've always had trouble loading pics...

Atlantis 2.JPGAtlantis 2.JPG

#66 8 years ago

That worked! Here's some more:

Atlantis 1.JPGAtlantis 1.JPG

#67 8 years ago

Atlantis 4.JPGAtlantis 4.JPG

#68 8 years ago

Atlantis 5.JPGAtlantis 5.JPG

#69 8 years ago

Atlantis 3.JPGAtlantis 3.JPG

#70 8 years ago

Really nice guy from Yonkers, NY. He put a CL ad out there and someone copied it into the "Some nice pins just came up on CL" post in Pinside. I was up visiting my daughter in NYC, so I thought I'd stop by and see the Atlantis since he's only 45 minutes away and I've been looking to get one. His dad had a stroke and was moving him into his house so he was selling all his 'toys' to make an apartment area for him. He did say if there was a reasonably priced El Dorado for sale that he'd like one. He used to be on RGP all the time, but never Pinside. Maybe he will now.

He had this sitting on top of the pin and said to take it with me.

Atlantis - extra.JPGAtlantis - extra.JPG

#71 8 years ago

very nice score! looks very nice. now to find a C37

#72 8 years ago

Already on it! Going to go look at one in a few weeks. It may need some cabinet love from the infamous Boilerman! Playfield and backglass look great.

The best part of the Atlantis is that my wife quickly became addicted to it. She normally just plays her favorites (Theatre of Magic & Bride of Pinbot), but something about Atlantis made her keep pressing the button for just one more game. ACD, Atlantis and C37 are all that way for me.

#73 8 years ago

Wow where do you guys find these treasures?! Snagging a gorgeous Atlantis and even knowing where a C37 is even located, much less one for sale. Must be the fact that I'm stuck here in the Pacific Northwest, haha. I'd kill to own either of those titles. Congrats!

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Wow where do you guys find these treasures?! Snagging a gorgeous Atlantis and even knowing where a C37 is even located, much less one for sale. Must be the fact that I'm stuck here in the Pacific Northwest, haha. I'd kill to own either of those titles. Congrats!

I think we're pretty fortunate here in the northeast for pin availability. We have the For Sale threads blocked if you're west of the Mississippi river or south of the Mason-Dixon line.

#75 8 years ago

what you can not buy them in pair out there?

2013-05-14_14-55-47_429.jpg2013-05-14_14-55-47_429.jpg

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

what you can not buy them in pair out there?

2013-05-14_14-55-47_429.jpg

Now you're just messing with him.

#77 8 years ago

ACD, Atlantis and C37 are all that way for me.

I have all three of those. Great games!!

#78 8 years ago

Must be the fact that I'm stuck here in the Pacific Northwest, haha.

My first Atlantis came from the Seattle area about 15 years ago. The guy that brought it actually pulled two of them from there and brought them to the mid-west at that time. That's why you can't find an Atlantis there.

#79 8 years ago

You guys with ABD, C37 and Atlantis...

I won't say it as I might get a thread eject for jealous ranting and raving. John in Cocoa, if you want to sell any one of those, just PM me.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

John in Cocoa, if you want to sell any one of those, just PM me.

If you ever make it down the see the Space Center area, contact me and stop by for an EM playing session!

#81 8 years ago

I happen to have all 3! I had 2 shipped in and bought the other from Tim Meighan.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If you ever make it down the see the Space Center area, contact me and stop by for an EM playing session!

Ditto here if you're in the Pittsburgh area!

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ditto here if you're in the Pittsburgh area!

#84 8 years ago

Well if anyone ever comes across, or wants to sell any of those titles (Atlantis, C37) or for that matter a Jacks Open/Lucky Hand, let me know. I know I'm going to have to pay alot for them, but I'm willing to. It's a hobby, and I'm collecting, so not worried about cost as much as getting the titles I want.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I guess you seen this one?
newjersey.craigslist.org link

Oh man! I want one of those!

#87 8 years ago

Well if anyone ever comes across, or wants to sell any of those titles (Atlantis, C37) or for that matter a Jacks Open/Lucky Hand, let me know. I know I'm going to have to pay alot for them, but I'm willing to. It's a hobby, and I'm collecting, so not worried about cost as much as getting the titles I want.

I also have both Jacks Open and Lucky Hand! We are down sizing so some of my collection is going to have to go. I will know more in the next couple of months and let you know if you are interested. And yes......they won't be cheap!

#88 8 years ago

I just got my Atlantis up and running thanks to Wade.IMG_6166.JPGIMG_6166.JPG

#89 8 years ago

It is the most played game in my collection.

IMG_5455.JPGIMG_5455.JPG

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Oh man! I want one of those!

What was the game?

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from DK:

What was the game?

Jacks Open. If you have one, I have a Neptune I will trade for it.

That reminds me, I should have your Neptune with me at the Asylum event in two weeks.

#92 8 years ago

It will be a while - this is the latest I have from him.

I will be printing Gold Strike very soon and I'll resume Knock Out right away.
Thank you,
Wade

#93 8 years ago

did anyone here get that ebay FL atlantis?
it looked bad but had potential. I got this one out of a house fire and came out great. they were going to trash it.
if the FL one was local to me I would of snagged it.

1.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg4.jpg

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

did anyone here get that ebay FL Atlantis?
it looked bad but had potential. I got this one out of a house fire and came out great. they were going to trash it.

Wow! Looks great. Need a backglass for it?

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

did anyone here get that ebay FL Atlantis?

I did. Playfield and backglass on the auction look like an upgrade from my other one. I am going to part the game at the guys house and leave the cab. Is that a bad idea? Who would want to restore a termite-infested cab?

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Jacks Open. If you have one, I have a Neptune I will trade for it.
That reminds me, I should have your Neptune with me at the Asylum event in two weeks.

Good stuff! See you there!

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I did. Playfield and backglass on the auction look like an upgrade from my other one. I am going to part the game at the guys house and leave the cab. Is that a bad idea? Who would want to restore a termite-infested cab?

Don't part the game. Find a donor cabinet and repaint it and save another Atlantis. Or at least keep all the parts together for someone else to put it in a donor cabinet.

People are going to much greater lengths to salvage games these days. Atlantis ranks up there with El Dorado or Kings and Queens in terms of interest and game play.

#98 8 years ago

Also, do you know that the cabinet is termite infested? It may be salvageable as is.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

It will be a while - this is the latest I have from him.
I will be printing Gold Strike very soon and I'll resume Knock Out right away.
Thank you,
Wade

Some time in the next 1-2 years would be great!

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Also, do you know that the cabinet is termite infested? It may be salvageable as is.

I will know tomorrow when I pick it up...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1975-gottlieb-atlantis-new-playfield-production/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.