(Topic ID: 230156)

1974 Williams Super Flite Won't register ball count or stop playing.

By StotzBotz

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by currieddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

Seasons Greetings all. I recently purchased a Williams Super Flite Machine and am trying to get it working 100%. It has 2 stepper/ball count units. 1 in the top cabinet, 1 in the bottom cabinet. The bottom cabinet unit had a burned up coil which I replaced. After doing so the machine would work but would not show which ball was in play properly. The top ball count unit seemed a little sluggish so I did lube the different points where the levers move. I will admit I did manually click the vertical coil to see that the wheel with the contacts was moving properly. Now when I turn on the machine and hit the start button the score reels reset, the ball goes in the trough, you can play the game and everything works except there is no ball in play number showing and you can play the game until you get tired. In other words it is not registering which ball is in play and is not ending the game after 5 balls are played. I was going to go ahead and clean the contacts of each stepper unit but I'm wondering if there are certain positions both of these units need to be in upon first turning on the machine so as not to confuse it. I'm still in the learning phase with EM machines so please excuse my ignorance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

One thing that could be affecting all of this is the make/break on the Game Over relay. Also, read up on stepper units here: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

Capture (resized).PNG
#3 1 year ago

The stepper in the bottom cabinet is the Bonus unit.

Quoted from StotzBotz:

it is not registering which ball is in play and is not ending the game

Do the solenoid coils on the Ball Count unit step it up and down?

Quoted from StotzBotz:

I'm wondering if there are certain positions both of these units need to be in upon first turning on the machine so as not to confuse it

Not usually.

#4 1 year ago

Hi StotzBotz
Start a new game - when the ball is kicked over to the shooter alley: Take the ball out, lift the playfield and watch the Ball-Index-Relay on the bottom of the Cabinet. Manually make some 10 / 100 / 1000 points on the playfield - DOES the Ball-Index-Relay pulls-in AND stays pulling ? If "No pulling-in": Take a wooden stick or wear rubber gloves (Safety Reasons) - actuate the armature of the Ball-Index-Relay - does it stays pulling ?
This is the first thing to look at when there is no stepping on Players / Balls. Greetings Rolf

#5 1 year ago

This circuit may be involved as well

Capture (resized).PNG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 218.00
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 63.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 93.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 19.00
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 149.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside