2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by StotzBotz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

003 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hello friends. I have a 1974 Williams Super Flite pinball machine that works fine. The problem is that when you are playing a game, the ball gets stuck sometimes in various places. Mainly it's where the round light lenses are near the top and down where the ball enters the trough before being reloaded. It gets stuck on the edge sometimes before dropping down into the trough. I took my Dremel and gently sanded the edge putting a light tiny angle at the end of the wood and it helped some. I have the legs adjusted as far down in the front and as high up as they will go in the back. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix the little lens inserts as they appear to be just slightly sunk into the play field. If anyone knows a solution to this I would be most grateful. Many thanks in advance for your help.

003 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago
    Quoted from StotzBotz:

the ball gets stuck sometimes in various places.

You will likely have to re-do and replace the inserts. Tedious, but not overly hard. Search Pinside for relevant posts.

#3 2 years ago

Show a picture of what it's actually getting stuck on

#4 2 years ago

Do you have 3" adjusters on the back legs?

#5 2 years ago

If the inserts have sunk, but are level, you can remove them by taking a socket that is about the same size as the inert and tap it with a hammer until it comes out. You will do this from the bottom of the playfield and the inset will come out of the top. You can then glue them back in level. They are not difficult to remove.

That some wax and a clean ball may help on that playfield. High tap the transformer and set it up on 3" adjusters on the as suggested by currieddog.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for attempting to help me. what I did was remove the cover to expose the trough area then lightly sanded the old wood surface around where the ball drops down. I then took some krylon clear coat spray and sprayed a few light coats to the area. It solved the problem very well. I'm Bee's wax would have given similar results. I felt the indented lenses near the top of the play field to see how far in they had sunk but the funny thing is all of the lens inserts all over the play field feel equally indented. My solution was to add a 1 inch extension to each leveler in the back legs until the 3" levelers arrive. Works great now and it speeds up the game ball a little which I like. Hope this helps someone down the road with the same problems.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside