View topic image gallery

IMG_7162 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 6.20.44 PM (resized).png
IMG_7160 (resized).JPG
IMG_7161 (resized).JPG
IMG_7162 (resized).JPG
IMG_7159 (resized).JPG

#1 7 months ago

When I add a quarter to the game the replay wheel increases two steps, but no knocker. When a high score thresh hold is reached, the wheel increases one step, but no knocker.

Oddly, if I manually push the Replay Step-Up EOS closed, or manually work the step-up solenoid, the knocker fires. If I watch while someone drops a quarter in, the step-up solenoid fires and the EOS closes solidly but no knocker.

It seems that the red path on the schematic is good when I manually close the EOS switch, but NOT good when the machine closes the EOS switch at quarter drop or high score thresh hold. (I'm not the best at schematics, so please let me know if my red line is wrong or I'm missing some other factor.)

IMG_7159 (resized).JPGIMG_7159 (resized).JPGIMG_7162 (resized).JPGIMG_7162 (resized).JPG
#2 7 months ago

I know the coin door has been altered previous to me. One photo is of the wires at the active 25¢ coin slot on the right side of the door. The three 'spare' wires in the other photo apparently come from a missing coin mech at the left of the door. I have tried jumpering together the spare wires in various configurations and that just makes the score motor run endlessly.

Any help? The game works fine otherwise, just would be nice to get the knocker satisfaction when due.

IMG_7160 (resized).JPGIMG_7160 (resized).JPGIMG_7161 (resized).JPGIMG_7161 (resized).JPG
#3 7 months ago

I have a strato flite and it behaves the same way, doesnt give the knock on credits through the coin switches, but it will knock on matches or if I hit the special score.
I have a Space Mission however that DOES give the knock on credits

#4 7 months ago

The circuit that @OP posted above has switches to keep the knocker from knocking from coins. So that's normal behavior. But surprising to me, Space Mission doesn't have those anti-knocker switches.

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from HowardR:

has switches to keep the knocker from knocking from coins.

Thanks HowardR, that's good to know. I'm still stuck on why it knocks when I close the switch manually but not at high scores when the machine closes the EOS. May have to live with that - any changes to the original coin door wiring are beyond me to figure out, if that is the problem.

As an aside, I'm now trying to figure out how the switches keep the knocker from knocking with coins, but have learned to take your word when it comes to schematics.

#6 7 months ago

Hmmm, what if the normally closed part of the 25¢ coin switch wasn't making properly? Would that explain it not knocking at high score thresh hold? Maybe not since it knocks when I manually close the replay step-up switch EOS. May have to live with it as is.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 6.20.44 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-07-10 at 6.20.44 PM (resized).png
#7 7 months ago

Removed post. Responded to it incorrectly

#8 7 months ago

Solved to my satisfaction. I jumpered from the R-Y lug on the knocker to the nearest yellow power wire on a relay (blue line on schematic). That bypasses all the coin relays and gives a knock at thresh hold scores, coin drop, and I'm waiting for a game over match and assume that will also work. The wiring on the coin door was altered beyond what I could figure out. Purists may not like this since I now get knocks on coining up, but I had assumed that would happen anyway until HowardR pointed out otherwise.

IMG_7162 (resized).JPGIMG_7162 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountain Brook, AL
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1974-williams-strato-flite-knocker?hl=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.