3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PM_Jeremy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hope this is the right place for this post, if not, please point me in the right direction

Turned on this game recently, most is working, but not as designed. Game hasn't been used in 5-7 years

curious what would be a good path to cleaning and doing the maintenance on one of these units

a couple things i noticed after playing a couple games

-can not use the other games. The election button has 12 volts to it, but when i push it, nothing, when i jump the 2 wires together, nothing...

-on player one, the score doesn't seem to be counting properly, the strikes and spares light up, but doesn't seem to turn enough of the score

-after 10 frames, rolls to frame 1, but keeps adding to the store til i hit the start button again...

I think this machine some good tic, and looking where to start and how to do this

THANK YOU
    Chris

1 week later
    #2 3 years ago

any recommendations on a cleaner to use on all these relays and the best way to do it?

1 week later
    #4 3 years ago

Raman

Clean all the stepper units first, including score reels. They should all have crisp movement, nothing sluggish. Much like cleaning a typical EM machine.

Don’t use contact cleaners. Dirty contacts are likely not your problem at this time.

#5 3 years ago

Agreed with what others have said here. If you want a lasting repair checkout the videos (21 and counting) I made going through my shuffle alley. On my machine I went through every score reel, stepper unit, score motor, and every contact. There were of course a couple startup issues but it was worth it. One year on and the machine is working great.

4 weeks later
    #6 3 years ago

Thank You, i have looked at that page, to a newbie, it seems more on pinballs than shuffle, but thats because i don't know much

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Raman
    Clean all the stepper units first, including score reels. They should all have crisp movement, nothing sluggish. Much like cleaning a typical EM machine.
    Don’t use contact cleaners. Dirty contacts are likely not your problem at this time.

Thank you Bill for the post. First game like this, so I have no idea on how to clean a typical EM machine. Any tips or lins appreciated!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Agreed with what others have said here. If you want a lasting repair checkout the videos (21 and counting) I made going through my shuffle alley. On my machine I went through every score reel, stepper unit, score motor, and every contact. There were of course a couple startup issues but it was worth it. One year on and the machine is working great.

Thank you Jeremy, i just watched the youtube vid you posted, i will watch your other vids also. Just subscribed also

#9 3 years ago

Pinwiki.com and go to the EM section. Go thru it, lots of good stuff there.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from stlouisramsfan:

Thank you Jeremy, i just watched the youtube vid you posted, i will watch your other vids also. Just subscribed also

Wow, thanks for subbing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1974-united-granite-shuffle-alley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.