(Topic ID: 207624)

1974 Gottlieb score wheels. Lubricate or not?

By Robotworkshop

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pipe cutter (resized).jpg
Decagon_PCB (resized).jpg
740B0195-FCCD-4EEF-811F-BA90794F8268 (resized).jpeg
B6D23E2D-4EE7-43AE-9C9F-58F33CB357F8 (resized).jpeg
EDE90D43-1C16-4962-8072-DA0DEDE08FDF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

I agree with ryan1234. I used to be firmly in the no lube camp. What's more annoying than cleaning up solidified grease on a neglected machine? After having so many machines come and go I have changed my tune. After seeing a fair share of worn score reel pcb boards and stepper rivets I definitely am a fan of some superlube in those areas. I limit it to that for lubrication on score reels. I have always heard nylon parts are self lubricating anyway so never on any plastic parts. Recently I have started adding a drop of light oil to stepper shafts. Worst case scenario is I may need to clean and re-lube some years down the road. I can live with that. Probably a good idea to revisit those areas again anyway. Reality is these things will likely need service again in our lifetime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1974-gottlieb-score-wheels-lubricate-or-not?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.