• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Snowyetti
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capt Card Ball Subtract (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hjh632.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

It will subtract a ball for tilting. It will add a ball for hitting wows or 50,000 point thresh hold. (Solenoids work)

Upon drain it kicks the ball out to the shooter lane, passing over the switch under the apron which has been cleaned and gapped, but it stays on ball 5.

I've cleaned motor board and backbox Jones plugs twice (including the female portion with a .177 rifle brush.)

Brand new to me game, sat idle for quite a while, ordering schematics from PBR Monday. I know help may be limited until I can post schematic snippets. Any help? I know there's several Pinsiders with much more background and knowledge than I have.

#3 2 years ago

I found a V relay in the backbox. I’ll check the switches making and breaking as I manually operate it. Thanks.

#4 2 years ago

Cleaned all three switches on the V relay, then pushed the drain switch and it subtracted one ball at a time. Good...But - Frustration - restarted the game and it stays on ball 5 again with the V relay locked on. I’ve been trying to figure out what was different the time it worked and am stumped.

#5 2 years ago

Restarted again. V relay no longer locks on but still not subtracting ball count

#7 2 years ago

The V relay on my game also stays on until points are scored. I’m not sure if the rest of the diagram is the same without a schematic (should arrive next week). There is a white blue wire on the middle V relay switch. The wire on my thought switch is faded white. I’ll try continuity with my meter and see if it’s the same wire.

#8 2 years ago

I have continuity from trough switch to the V relay but still doesn’t subtract a ball.

Update. I get a continuity beep from the trough switch to nearly everything in the back box - z j v n m l relays. I’m officially totally lost!

#10 2 years ago

I can hook a jumper to the blue white V relay switch, tap the other end of the jumper on the trough switch and it subtracts a ball each tap. Any suggestions from there? I’ve been through the Jones plugs twice cleaning.

#12 2 years ago

Hey Mopar, good to hear from you - I often see your posts when I read the EM tech forum. I was afraid it was the Jones plugs, can’t think what else it could be...but the switch did work once right after I cleaned the v relay today. I will do some jumpering on both sides of the Jones plugs.

Trades could happen. Where you at? Answer by pm if you’d like, I notice you don’t have a location on you pinside info and probably want to keep it that way. Henry

#15 2 years ago

Yup snowy, middleport. What a mess. Drop bank doesn’t reset, most of the lights were out, pop bumpers don’t score, 10s don’t register so no alternating drop and bumper lights. Gave up drinking 20 years ago but may have to rethink that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hjh632.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1974-gottlieb-free-fall-will-not-subtract-drained-ball?tu=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.