• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Runbikeskilee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 34 days ago

Pro help needed…

I have a dealers choice that I have been playing quite a bit lately. Recently though, all three pop bumpers stopped working. I decided it was a fuse, and I checked under the play field and found one 10 amp fuse that was blown. I replaced a fuse expecting the game to work but still did not…. Now I am at a loss as to what the problem could be. Can anyone offer any insight or were to check for a potential problem?

#2 34 days ago

Did the slingshot kickers (just above L & R flippers) stop working also?

If yes, then it is possible the bridge rectifier and/or smoothing capacitor (located on underside of playfield) have blown.

Or hopefully, maybe just a wire from the bridge rectifier terminals has broken off.

#3 34 days ago

Actually everything else working. Only pop bumpers.

#4 34 days ago

There is some advice on this in the manual https://www.ipdb.org/files/649/Williams_Dealers_Choice.pdf page 3

#5 34 days ago

I continue to be amazed by the amount of support this site provides! Thank you, all who help us less experienced!
Jim

#6 33 days ago

It does sound like a short or loose wire.

#7 33 days ago

Curious, was the 10 A fuse that was blown located next to the bridge rectifier on the underside of the playfield?

If you replaced that fuse and the slingshots are working properly, then the bridge rectifier and smoothing capacitor are functional. It seems like either the green-yellow-white wire or the orange wire that go to pwer the jet bumpers must have a break or a bad solder connection. Can you trace those wires backward from the jet bumpers?

Lee

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 13.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside