Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jrgifford67
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

scan0004.pdf (PDF preview)
scan0003.pdf (PDF preview)
scan0001.pdf (PDF preview)

#1 6 years ago

Like the CCM Showtime, if you hit the 3 captive balls in the pockets, the "same player shoots again" light comes on for the free ball. The rollover lights outside the captive balls light up, as you hit each in the pocket. But, this feature stopped working. I've cleaned and check all relays, even changed all 3 pocket relay coils to be sure. No deal....

When it last worked, all 3 lights would blink at the bonus collect / countdown, and you'd get the free ball (same player shoots again). But now, it just doesn't work and the 3 rollover lights don't come on. I even cleaned a few contacts on the score motor, just for kicks. Each pocket has a relay (3) and the light comes on when you press them by hand, so I know the bulbs are good.

I have the schematic and manual, and have learned a bit by tinkering. Still, all seems fine and I see no reason why the captive ball feature shouldn't work. Otherwise, the machine works perfectly. The "same player shoots again" feature does work when you hit the higher / pre-set scores (65K, 75K, etc.), so I know the "extra ball relay" is working.

I know the Dolphin or 4-play Showtime is rare, but if anyone out there can help???? Thanks in advance!!

#2 6 years ago

A snap shot of the area of the schematic showing the Extra Ball relay and associated switches and various branches would be helpful.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks.....3 scans below. It's odd, the 3 pocket / rollover lights don't work, though the rollover switches give you the 50 pts and ring the bell. The extra ball relay works, only when you get the higher scores. When this 3 pocket / free ball / rollover lights stopped working, there was an on / off buzzing. It reminded me of when a scoring reel coil went, a similar sound. But my coils seem fine and every other function works. I'm no pro, but stumped. Hope for some help please

scan0003.pdfscan0001.pdf

scan0004.pdf

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

Any help will be greatly appreciated! I cleaned some additional contacts, but the rollover lights and 3-ball (free ball) feature, still do not work? Coils look fine too. Stumped.....

#5 6 years ago

Do any of the R, C, L Pocket Relays energize when a ball is in the hole? If not, the thing common to all three is that normally closed switch on the Game Over relay that feeds all three relays.

I would have to see the portion of the Schematic showing the 3 Roll Over Pocket Lamps but more than likely, if the Pocket Relay isn't getting pulled in (And staying in as long as a ball is in the hole) then the lights won't be lit.

The playfield says "Advance when lit". Do the buttons advance the bonus when a ball is in the corresponding hole? The scoring of 50 points is probably the "unlit" value. Hard to tell without the whole schematic.

#6 6 years ago

No......none of the relays energize when the balls are in the holes. The 3 lights never come on, not since this issue started a month ago. For the 10 months prior, it worked fine. For the "Advance When Lit", it doesn't advance, you just get the 50 pts for hitting the L, R, C rollover lights. Any further suggestion? Thanks!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18.99
Playfield - Protection
PinShield
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 4.95
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 14.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside