Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb Outhole Kicker (resized).png
20190414_170343 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rebelkustoms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi all, my restored Big Indian has been having a problem lately with the ball return coil firing but not shoving the ball all the way over the ramp to the shooter. The ball rolls back down to the outhole then then refires over and over again. Sometimes it fires 4 to 5 times before it makes it over. I made sure the ramp was in the right place and the mechanism seems to not be binding or anything. I looked at the ball return relay, I am getting an arc in one of the switches. I cleaned and adjusted all of them but I cannot get the arc to go away for anything. Any suggestions, check the videos out for a visual.

#11 5 years ago

I pulled the mechanism today to clean it up. It is a bit beat up doesn't look too terrible thought. There is a flat spot or two on it. The more I watched it the more it looks like a random mechanical thing happening. I cant quite see it but it seems like some mechanical thing like was mentioned by a few of you guys like maybe it throws it against the top or side. BUT..... now I am having a separate fluke issue. My score reel is fluttering during scoring and play and it is scoring points everytime I hit a flipper . Never had an issue like this on this machine, maybe I bumped a ground or something idk. Any ideas?

20190414_170343 (resized).jpg20190414_170343 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#18 4 years ago

Going through some old posts so here is the SOLVED PART OF THIS POST. A few weeks ago i got around to finishing this up and I have it 99% solved I am happy to say. There were 2 things going on. 1 the kicker fork was chewed up as you can see in the picture. I used a small ball peen and the anvil on my vice to carefully beat that back to shape. I tried to make sure both sides of the fork matched again and would hold the ball centered when kicking it over. used a file to deburr it and and polished it out a little. I think that was destroying my balls. 2 i fooled with the adjustment of that switch. I rebent it at a 90 and started adjusting from there. Took a little fooling but it is so much better now. It double fires maybe 1 out of 20 or 25 times now and I can live with that. Now on to my drop target issue. Hope this helps someone out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rebelkustoms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1974-big-indian-ball-return-issue?tu=rebelkustoms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.