image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all, have a 1974 Bally Delta Queen EM pin that I picked up last month. Set up for free play. Worked well and have enjoyed playing it. Only issue ever had while playing was the score wouldn't always 00000 out when a game was over and I hit the credit button to start a new game. That wasnt a big deal though cause I could power the pin off and hit the credit button again and it would always go to 00000 the second time and would play normally. If I didnt do that the game would play normally but not from 00000. Then I played a game and when it ended the game over light came on. I hit the credit button. Score went to zero but... the ball never kicked out and the game won't play. Any ideas what this could be? Me and the family are not happy campers with our only pin oos. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Note: When I turn game on all light are ok. Just cant get a ball and playboard is not live. I have a complete schematic as well. Just been a long time since I read one and I am seriously rusty. Thx

#3 6 years ago

Am also in NJ and appreciate the guidance. How can I tell if score reels are correctly adjusted? Is it possible that the not always zeroing out condition has led me to the current ball wont kick out condition?

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for all the help. Am in Hackettstown area up Rt 206. Used to be pretty good with schematics but that was early 90s. Haven't been into component level tshooting since then. The game is great and I'm looking forward to learning how it works and making her play like she did last week.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8 6 years ago

I havent yet been able to get the ball to kick out but I manually tripped the Game Over relay to go through the sequence again. Hoping to find where the problem is. I hit the credit button, the score I manually put up zero'd out and the score motor turned fine but the ball still didnt kick out. Am wondering what triggers the ball out relay? Perhaps my problem is there?

#9 6 years ago

I also looked at the zero position switches on the scoreboard and all but one are closed. Hmmm with power on I closed that switch and no change.

#11 6 years ago

Hi Rolph thanks so much for the reply. And to HowardR and Otaku too. My apologies for not being up to speed on pins. My Delta Queen is literally my first pin. Am learning so much each day and really appreciate the help. Will try to explain what I see a bit better. Hope I can get back in business soon as we miss the game allot. Back to the outhole relay. After playing a full game normally I hit the credit button and the game zero'd out but wouldnt kick a ball out or play. Thats been the issue as far as I can tell. Today I reset the game by manually closing the game over relay. With that done the credit button worked. I pressed the credit button and again it zero'd the score but wouldnt kick out a ball. So i manually closed the outhole relay shown in picture below and the motor kicked on and went through a cycle. During that cycle I could see cam#8 fire the ball kicker solenoid on the top of the game. Hope this is a better explanation. Seems as long as I manually trigger the outhole relay And hold it long enough the motor turns well and cam 8 fires the outhole kicker. Am still stumped but am getting closer with your help thanks!!! Also including info from schematic.

#12 6 years ago

Also when I manually activate the outhole relay, I have to hold it because as soon as almost as soon as I let go of it, the motor stops.

#13 6 years ago

Heres a better picture from schematic

#14 6 years ago

Just saw this... Reset relay. Looks like it got hot, melted a little. Hmm any chance this could be the issue?

#16 6 years ago

One last comment for tonight just heard the kids were pushing the credit button while the game was being played not too long before it broke. In other words while playing the game when a new ball came out they were pressing the credit button thinking that would launch the next ball into play. Could that cause a problem?

#17 6 years ago

Thanks Howard I really appreciate the help! Sorry I didnt answer the question. I'm really new to this amd am trying to make sense of what I see. When I hit the credit button the motor turns but the outhole relay itself doesn't pull in at at all at any time while the motor is running.

#21 6 years ago

Thanks HowardR, I see the highlighted area of the schematic but am not confident I can find the right ones. Are they all in the stack triggered by the cam on the score motor?

#23 6 years ago

I now understand how the schematic shows which switches are on which relays. Am thinking I should start at the top of the circuit in the schematic with the normally open outhole switch. Not sure how I can find that one. I see wire color noted in the schematic is that best way to try to find it? Thanks

#25 6 years ago

I started looking at switches in circuit that were on the ball index relay. Noticed the relay is shown in schematic as being closed but it was slighly open. So i closed it. Heard it open or close another relay by the game over relay and playfield came to life. I closed up the game, put the glass back on and have played through several games. Its playing through now. Hmmm does this make sense?

#26 6 years ago

Am thinking something may have fixed itself and I'll be oos again soon. Played about 10 games with no issues other than the flippers stopped working once during a game. Hit the button & flippers didnt flip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1974-bally-delta-queen-em?tu=mjpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.