Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2394 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2371 (resized).jpg
IMG_2370 (resized).jpg
IMG_2369 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello, I've just recently purchased a Williams 1973 Jungle King. The playfield does not light or does a ball eject into the plunger track. I'm thinking it may be a fuse... Any thoughts???

I have not got this home just purchased and inspected. Gave 550.00 for it, I hope to get it operating quickly. The gentlemen said it all worked when they last played it, wasn't on for 15 years.

I'll also interested in parts... plastic and components. Thanks for the help... I'll post pictures as I work through this machine. I've posted as is pic's from my inspection. This is my first EM pin and my first crack at restoring/repairing.

Thanks for any and all input... Randall

IMG_2369 (resized).jpgIMG_2369 (resized).jpgIMG_2370 (resized).jpgIMG_2370 (resized).jpgIMG_2371 (resized).jpgIMG_2371 (resized).jpgIMG_2393 (resized).jpgIMG_2393 (resized).jpgIMG_2394 (resized).jpgIMG_2394 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

This a Gottlieb, not Williams.

The first thing I would check is the Jones Plugs. You will notice wiring bundles/cables that connect the bottom circuit board, playfield to the back of the head.
There you will find the cables terminate to Jones Plugs. If they are corroded or not seated properly the playfield will not light and various other things occur.
Next inspect your power cord from the plug to where it connects to the bottom board.
Checking all fuses is a no brainer, they may be under the playfield as well as a master junction on the bottom board.

#3 3 years ago

The Pinball Resource is the master supplier for Gottlieb, figure out your part numbers if possible and send your order by e-mail. Pay by check when the parts arrive.
Order a new rubber ring kit, a few boxes of bulbs at a minimum.
Look at ALL coils to determine if you need any replacements.
Good idea to get a switch adjustment tool, a points file/Flexstone, and a bottle each of Novus 1 and Novus 2.
That is a clean looking machine inside.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The Pinball Resource is the master supplier for Gottlieb, figure out your part numbers if possible and send your order by e-mail. Pay by check when the parts arrive.
Order a new rubber ring kit, a few boxes of bulbs at a minimum.
Look at ALL coils to determine if you need any replacements.
Good idea to get a switch adjustment tool, a points file/Flexstone, and a bottle each of Novus 1 and Novus 2.
That is a clean looking machine inside.

looks like there is an envelope there with the manual & schematics there should be part numbers in there

90% rubbing alcohol

a new ball as well

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#5 3 years ago

Hey RKip455 , where are you located? You might be able to get a person who knows add-a-ball games to visit. (And they could admire that nice jukebox, too.)
.................David Marston

3 weeks later
#6 3 years ago

Hello guy's, thanks to each of you for your help. I've made some progress, but still having startup sequence issues. I believe I may have narrowed it down to the roll over WOW buttons as they do not always rest. When they are not rest the start sequence continues. When they are all red, reset... the start sequence stops and loads the ball.

Yes I ordered a new rubber kit... -DONE
Yes I put in a new silver Pinball - DONE
Yes, I replaced lights... some still do not work, like up the center of the playfield... after replacing all bulbs only the 1000 and 8000 work. All bulb sockets are in good shape and not corroded. --- WORKING

Cleaned the playfield, looks really good.... will post pictures in a day or so.
THANKS AGAIN!
Randall

Huntsville, AL Area

#7 3 years ago

Keep at it. I started with EM’s, and found most of the problems were switches either bent or needing cleaned. You may also find that the old sockets sometimes don’t make good contact to the bulbs. For the reset, there has to be a cam in the bottom and of the cabinet. I always clean up the cam “points” to make sure they don’t have any rust.

Once you get it fully working, the best thing you can do is play it! It helps keep the contacts clean.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-williams-jungle-king-help-suggestions?hl=rkip455 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.