Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170921_184038 (resized).jpg
20170921_184014 (resized).jpg
20170920_174427 (resized).jpg
20170920_174437 (resized).jpg
20170920_174501 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4ever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Wow, what a great find - congrats! I've been looking for a Sega game from this era forever.

Make sure that even though the score reels are at zero that the contacts for each reel (that most likely close at the zero position) are actually closed (and you can get continuity readings across them). Also make sure the outhole switch is closed when the ball is resting on it (and you're getting continuity across that switch).

You could also try manually triggering the start relay to see if you can at least get a game started.

Good luck, and please post some pics if you get a chance!

Edit: Not really what I was expecting to see in the backbox. Looks like the score reels may not use the traditional switches I was imagining but more of a wiper system. I usually use the green scotch brite pads to clean these:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=44&picno=59669&zoom=1

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Another thing to check would be the player unit in the back box. I don't see a ball unit anywhere, might be incorporated into the player unit. Make sure it is resetting correctly. They often have worn springs.

This is a good thought. If you look at the pic on IPDB, look at how dirty this unit is. On some older EM's, you have to sit and play with these units for hours to get them to behave like they did when the game is new (meaning moving freely around in circles when triggering it). Also, make sure to clean the wiper contact plate with a green scotch brite pad or equivalent. If these brass contact points are really dirty (on any of these types of assemblies), the game will never work correctly.

You could try manually ejecting the ball into the shooter lane once everything resets. Maybe the coil's burned out? Also, sometimes there is a switch that's triggered once the ball is shot from the outhole to the shooter lane (although I have no idea if there is with this game).

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from toytrix:

Pushed the start button, hey presto the scoring reels reset to zero and a ball ejected into the shooter lane.
Everything appears to be working on the playfield and a game can now be played.

Great news, and congrats on bringing a piece of pinball history back to life!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball4ever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-sega-ali-baba-arabian-night?tu=pinball4ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.