Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by Silverstreak02
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 61 days ago

I am restoring a 1973 Hot Shot pf. I am having the hardest damn time repainting the letters and numbers. I have read about creating vinyl decals as an option, but I don't have a flatbed scanner. I have read lots of other advice, but I cannot seem to get it right - keep painting and starting over. Tried making templates, but that didn't work either.

Any one have some good advice on how to tackle this.

Thanks

#2 61 days ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

I am restoring a 1973 Hot Shot pf. I am having the hardest damn time repainting the letters and numbers. I have read about creating vinyl decals as an option, but I don't have a flatbed scanner. I have read lots of other advice, but I cannot seem to get it right - keep painting and starting over. Tried making templates, but that didn't work either.
Any one have some good advice on how to tackle this.
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration/page/3#post-633680

Scroll down to post 107

#3 61 days ago

Paint the area a solid color, clear coat then install a water slide decal. I made mine by finding a similar font in a Word program and then printing at staples. Do a search in my Jacks Open thread. I applied close to 200 decals on that playfield.

#4 56 days ago

Thanks Silverstreak. I continue to make progress and created artwork in illustrator for the worn letters and numbering. Quick question. How do you print the white lettering? Illustrator, of course, let's you use white font - can't see unless you grid the background - and don't want the grid to print.

#5 56 days ago

I wasn’t able to print white so I made the letters black instead.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 10.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pindependent
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 70.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside