IMG_E0734 (resized).jpg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpg
IMG_0698 (resized).jpg
image1 (4) (resized).jpeg
image1 (2) (resized).jpeg
image2 (resized).jpeg
image1 (1) (resized).jpeg
image3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I brought home the King Pin over the weekend. I plan to do a full cabinet repaint eventually. For now, I want to get it working 100% and will thoroughly go through it mechanically before cleaning and restoring the playfield.
For starters, I am wondering if I need to disable the coil inside the coin door? It's still got power going to it and when I press the start button the reels (slowly) reset (I need to service them -- a couple of them struggle to get to zero but eventually do) but it doesn't kick the ball out right away. The score motor keeps running until I wiggle the little bar (shown in the picture below) inside the coin door and eventually get it to the right position for the motor to stop. Then the ball kicks out for Ball 1 and it goes through a normal game (Balls 1-5, then to Game Over). What do you think is causing that, and what role is that coin door playing in that?

If you wiggle the bar to get it to finish setup/stop the score motor switch from running... then sounds like a stuck on coin switch... remove the coin mechs and inspect, sometimes the trip wire is making contact to the contacts (fish paper gone) and will cause continual "coin up". And yes, disconnect the lockout coil, they are usually fried

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Is removing the mechs easy? Never tried. I may just disable that coil.

there are two tabs to pull down and then the top of the mech swings out to the left and then pull up. You can see the tabs in your pic, one is just above and to the left of your finger. There is another tab on the inner side of the frame (near inner door), push both down and swing mech out and up.

#7 6 years ago

the pic

tab (resized).JPGtab (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

deleted post

#11 6 years ago

My initial thoughts still stand, you probably had a jamed coin switch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-gottlieb-king-pin-repair-restoration-thread?tu=pinhead52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.