View topic image gallery

007_(resized).JPG
JumpingJack_(resized).JPG
004_(resized).JPG
003_(resized).JPG
001_(resized).JPG
002_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

we recently came across a 1973 Gottlieb Jumping Jacks pinball machine. Been working fine until this morning. It is just set to start a game just by pressing the button. Hit the reset button to start a new game this morning and it was making a different noise than usual startup. Look inside and found the cam carousel was just turning and turning and turning. It has not reset yet or started the game. unplugged it and that is where i am at the moment. Anyone have any ideals?

thanks

#3 8 years ago

Check out Pinwiki.com EM repair, section 6.9. Lots of good info there.
Also reposting to EM tech sub-forum here will get more attention.

#4 8 years ago

Did score reels reset to zero? Could be a zero position switch on score reel(s)that needs adjustment.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from griffinironwerks:

Look inside and found the cam carousel was just turning and turning and turning. It has not reset yet or started the game.

That carousal is what resets the game to play from the previous game played. A score wheel sticking is a common problem. Manually reset the reels to zero before starting machine to rule this out.

#6 8 years ago

the score did not reset. do you reset the wheel manually from the top back panel?

#7 8 years ago

update, i turn the cam on the top box and the score reset to 0 on both scores but the carousel on bottom is still turning. on the bottom i do see like a green light at times when it cycles. i guess that would be normal. not sure at this tie how to proceed. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

#8 8 years ago

I'm really wanting one of these so if you decide to sell or it's too much hassle, let me know via PM. Thanks. Also, definitely recommend reading through the mentioned site.

#9 8 years ago

lol 5th offer for it today. truth be told i picked it up in Florida for $100. it has worked fine for about a month in the shop until this morning. It definitely needs a good cleaning underneath.

002_(resized).JPG002_(resized).JPG

001_(resized).JPG001_(resized).JPG

003_(resized).JPG003_(resized).JPG

004_(resized).JPG004_(resized).JPG

#10 8 years ago

Your game looks to be in great condition esp the backglass. Nice find for $100!

Does the Control Bank reset?

If it does, then check the zero position contacts on the Bonus Stepper (see pic below) if these are dirty or wipers are not making contact the O relay will not operate and the ball will just stay in the outhole while the motor runs continuously.

JumpingJack_(resized).JPGJumpingJack_(resized).JPG

#11 8 years ago

thank i will take a look and see. i appreciate the help.

#12 8 years ago

Not sure if this important but this didn't look right on the SB control reset. looks like it started but didn't finish.

007_(resized).JPG007_(resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#13 8 years ago

still have not had any luck getting this thing going. if anyone has ideals i would greatly appreciate it.

#14 8 years ago

You'll need to start from the beginning again. From your first post, you said the score motor (cam carousel) keeps running after you push the start/credit button. You'll need to find out what switches are sending power to the score motor. Do you have a schematic for the machine? Find the score motor icon on the schematic and work your way back through the switches in the score motor circuit. You can post a photo of the score motor circuit if you can't find what switches to check...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-gottlieb-jumping-jacks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.