• 79 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bonzo71
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams_Fun_Fest_EM_schematics.pdf (PDF preview)
Target motor.JPG
Wms int.re. b..JPG
Wms int.re..JPG
100 D.U. switching-591.JPG
funfest-427.jpg
TRIP AND LATCH RELAYS.jpg
help-654.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ValleyGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

looking for information on the plunger/link assembly for the return ball bonus

3 weeks later
#3 9 years ago

sorry about the delay, I will be checking here more often now, yes its the left ball return lane, kicks ball back out when bonus is lit.
I got machine somewhat working but still have issues such as I get 2 balls per player??
Any help would be great

Thanks
Paul

#4 9 years ago

Hello,
Here is my email [email protected]
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Paul

#6 9 years ago

Hello,
I will check in more often, thanks for the info.
I am assuming the ball count is in the back box with two coils on it, I see it is dirty and I will clean it today, I can't seem to get power to it currently, and will check after cleaning.
Do you have a funfest?

Thanks
Paul

#8 9 years ago

I will check the ball count now that I know where it is.. thanks
When I purchased this machine the 25 and 10 cent relays where removed, I have them on order, the wires are just capped off not sure if this is contributing to some problems? In the mean time I will check ball count wires and clean.
What would you recommend for cleaning boards and solenoids?

Thanks again
Paul

#11 9 years ago

thanks a lot for this info, I will be back on the machine in a couple days

Paul

2 weeks later
#12 9 years ago

Hello,
Thanks for the help, I am now looking to sort out my trip and latch relays it looks like someone has adjusted the switches, does any one know the open and close sequence for the switches?

Thank you

#15 9 years ago

Hello,
It is the game over relay, which has two relays (trip and latch) the switches have been adjusted previously by the looks of it, I am confused on the make/break switch, when the game is off should the three blades be closed (touching each other)???
Here is a pic.

Thanks
Paul TRIP AND LATCH RELAYS.jpgTRIP AND LATCH RELAYS.jpg

#20 9 years ago

I don't know what the difference is latched or not?

1 month later
#27 9 years ago

Hello,
I got back logged with work and have not worked on machine I hope to soon.
Thanks for all the tips so far

1 month later
#28 9 years ago

Hello,
Rain day here and just poking around with machine, seems my center target motor is not working also the advance unit is not working, when I advance the unit by hand all the bonus lights are working? I checked the wires they seem fine, I guess I need to know what activates these so I can check there.
Any help would be great.

Thanks

#33 9 years ago

Thanks for the info, I checked all of the above and I checked the target motor and I have power their, could the target motor be done??

Thanks

#34 9 years ago

Also the motor is locked when I try to move by hand?

Thanks

#37 9 years ago

Upon further checking the motor has broken wire in the winding and there is no resistance, I guess I am now looking for a target motor assy, anyone have one?

Thanks

#39 9 years ago

Hello,
I moved the armature manually and the gears are now moving fine, to remove the motor there are two pin like through holes? do these have to be punched out to remove motor? they are copper and only two of them.

Thanks A lot

#42 9 years ago

Hi,
If I file out the pin hole to remove, when replaced how do you mount back together with the rivet filed off?

Thanks

#44 9 years ago

Thanks for the information

1 week later
#45 9 years ago

Hi,
I got the center target motor back together and turned on and it works.. but the score motor keeps running and the target bonus system is not working. The advance unit is working but nothing including bonus lights work?
Any help would be great.

#47 9 years ago

Hello,
Good news I got that sorted out.
I am going ahead from here and will post my next problem.

#48 9 years ago

Hi
Motor working, advance unit is working but not sending any signal to the lights, the bumpers to trigger the bonus is working but not activating the center target bonus?
I am a newbie at reading schematic's

#49 9 years ago

Just found a blown fuse, problem above is fixed.
Going to reset machine and go from there

#50 9 years ago

I seem to have all the palyfield working good. Currently when I toggle on and press the left flipper it starts into ball 1 and player four and stays there for ever, doesn't matter how many times the ball goes out, before and during the reset button does not do anything, the score works fine on the one player and continues to keep the same score if you shut off and turn back on again.
This is the previous issue I had before the target motor fried, I have had some help but I think I need to start over again in smaller steps, any help would be great.

#52 9 years ago

Thanks again, I will go back to the trip/game over relay information, I need to clarify and understand latched and not latched terms?

PK

#54 9 years ago

Thanks for the above
Another question I have is: when I power on everything is dead until I hit the left flipper button then I have the playfield lights and the center target motor runs,
Should it be when turning on: the playfield lights turn on first and then when hitting the left flipper button the center target engages?

Paul

#58 9 years ago

I am still stuck on the fourth player, ball one all the time, on another note looking at the score motor do all the tips of the switch blades run flush if looking down, I see a couple that are not running flush? not sure if this has been tampered with previously?

Thanks

#59 9 years ago

Now I am back to the game over relay, adjusted switches correctly now that I understand that part,
Just like Pinball guru said the game over relay isn't tripping, I checked the ohms and a low reading 3 ohms so I replaced with a spare which tested 10 ohms, after soldering and turning on the relay did not energize, I tested and it only had 3 ohms, I checked the first one I took out and its testing 10 ohms not wired in, I checked the other one and it has 10 ohms not wired in? seems when I wire in I drop to 3 ohms? is it possible the wires are crossed on the relay? as this relay has been changed previously.

Confused and going to watch TV

Paul

#60 9 years ago

GO relay fixed, I needed to adjust the two mounting screws on the latch relay to make it latch properly.. so much wasted time for something that simple. Thanks to everyone for helping me get this far.
Currently the game is working but not the number of players or what player is up previous posts indicate the advance unit in the back box.. tommorows project

Thanks again

#61 9 years ago

Thanks to all of your help I cleaned and adjusted the player unit,, dirty and a slight adjustment works perfect. Currently I can only have a four player game.. suited me fine for hours since I have not played the game since I got it 5 months ago.. lol
From previous posts (amount of players) is the coin unit so I guess tomorrow I will start there, any tips out there before I get in trouble and screw something up?

Thanks again

#62 9 years ago

Hello
I am trying to set the game to free play, I followed some tips on pinrepair and messed the credits unit up!!! I would like to return the game to normal, does anyone have the switch settings so I can do this.

Thanks

#63 9 years ago

does anyone know how to set stepper unit to home position.. single stepper??
working on a advance unit and it may have been adjusted previously

Thanks

#65 9 years ago

Question for Funfest owners, I have lots of credits on unit wheel, I toggle on and push credit button to four player which works, if I change my mind to play a two player game I have to turn game off then back on? is this normal??

Thanks

#67 9 years ago

Thanks for all your help pin-it
What is your opinion about setting games to free play?

#69 9 years ago

I like your idea and am going to put it on the list, I have one pop up bumper that skips.. adds 20 to 30 points instead of 10, I have had this apart several times and cleaned ,adjusted switches still the same!! the coil is fine, new plastic stem in? any ideas ??

1 month later
#70 9 years ago

Wondering on my funfest if its normal that you can only get one freeball at a time?

Thank you

3 months later
#72 9 years ago

Strange thing started today after several weeks of great playing, 1st player getting 5000 points in swing reel hole even when not lit? should only be 500, every ball is the same on 1st player, 2,3 and 4th player are good, reels are resetting to zero, any idea's?
Thanks

#76 9 years ago

I checked all 1st player score reels and all switches, tighten up switch stacks, cleaned and reset, good to go all working, I think I am due for some new switches as I have had problems with the same reels before, is it common that switches should be replaced?

#78 9 years ago

Seems like I am adjusting a lot?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ValleyGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-funfest?tu=ValleyGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.