• Latest reply 3 years ago by Tedconey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 4 years ago

I have a 1973 Gottlieb big brave which has developed starting issues. In addition the 10000 score wheel for one of the players does not count but this has been ongoing for some time. After sitting for some time during renovations now the reset function resets the scores etc., but continues to cycle and wont stop until I turn it off. This is the first time I have had a problem with this game and I have very little experience with this kind of problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ted, Winnipeg

#2 4 years ago

If the motor keeps running, which of these switches/relays is stuck closed?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#3 3 years ago

I am having difficulty in determining which relay is associated with which switch and where it would be located. As far as I can tell the motor switches all seem to be functioning as they should. This is the first time I have tried to work on this machine so it is all a mystery to me. Very steep learning curve. Thanks for your assistance. Tedi

#4 3 years ago

Can you find out how far it's getting in the reset sequence?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Tedconey:

I am having difficulty in determining which relay is associated with which switch and where it would be located. As far as I can tell the motor switches all seem to be functioning as they should. This is the first time I have tried to work on this machine so it is all a mystery to me. Very steep learning curve. Thanks for your assistance. Tedi

@Tedconey, based on the schematic snippet, if you can find each of those relays listed by Howard, you're looking for the switch on each with the slate+red wire coming off of it. That would be the switch you'd look for on each to see if it's stuck closed. One of them is causing the motor to keep running.

#6 3 years ago

Thanks Howard and Goldenboy. I will attempt to follow your reset checklist and see how far it gets. It seems that most things reset except the 2nd player score doesn't and there seems to be issues with player 1 score but I will follow the list and see if I can get a more definitive answer. I will also follow up on tracing the relay wires to the switches to see if there is a problem with a specific switch. Thanks for your help. I will let you know how I make out in a couple of days. Ted

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Washington, KY
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-big-brave-resetting-and-scoreing-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.