20180518_083508 (resized).jpg
20180518_083517 (resized).jpg
0517181315 (resized).jpg
0517181314 (resized).jpg
0517181312a (resized).jpg
0517181312 (resized).jpg
0517181311 (resized).jpg
0517181310 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

While some guy really destroyed that coin door it is nice that he left the wire strands hanging as that makes it immensely easier to fix. I presume the problem you are having with just matching them up and putting them back is that the wiring is faded (else not sure why you asked), which means pictures probably won't help either as you still need to rely on these wire colors. Try shining a flashlight on the insulation to pick out colors, regardless if you're matching them up to the strands or using great pictures Skidave provided, what a great act of kindness.

The nice thing about a lot of these old EMs is that even two different machines' wiring harnesses usually fade at the same rate to the same weird colors, in my experience, which means 2018 pictures will be able to help you fix your machine in 2018 style considering they both should be faded. Hopefully you will be able to fix this up and get it going again!

#5 5 years ago

That is a switch, in which case it works both ways no matter which way the wires are, as long as they are the right ones. The factory solder job is also a given that you shouldn't fix it because it is where it needs to be.

I live in Reading. If you want me to swing by to have a look at it sometime if I can find the time let me know.

#7 5 years ago

Also, you should really be soldering and then shrink-tubing these tied together wires. For both safety and integrity otherwise they will quickly loosen and separate with the vibration of the machine, and MUCH MORE importantly leaving them bare and not even trying to cover them up with tape or something is asking for big trouble in a machines with a metal door and filled with metal bits. Invest in a cheap soldering iron and shrink tubing can be used with a lighter and is cheap and provides great insulation. (Electrical tape is bad)

Best of luck with it!
Otaku

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-bally-coin-door-odds-n-evens?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.