• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Pop-A-Card-Work-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_2466 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

The 6-9 bank works fine. When complete it gives a WOW when the right hand bullseye target is hit.

The top 10-Ace bank is good. When complete lights the four side roll overs for WOWs.

Problem: 2-5 drop target bank

(A) ONCE every 5th time when I manually complete the 2-5 bank, it gives a WOW immediately as the last target drops. Very odd.

(B) EVERY time the 2-5 bank is complete it gives WOWs at both stand up bullseye target, all four roll over lanes (and does not score 5,000 point - the 5,000 lights are on and not the four WOW lights.)

(C) in addition to all the items above, which ever top roll over (1,000 points) lane is lit up also gives a WOW. Huh? The unlit one scores the expected 100 points.
Neither should ever give a WOW. If the lights rotate, the new lit one will score a WOW.

I just got the game yesterday. The only other unfixed problem, probably unrelated; a previous owner had taped the wires to the 5,000 point relay lugs. I haven't soldered them on yet. Touched up the cabinet and it's looking pretty good for 48 years old!

I do have a good quality PDF scan I can send by PM. I can post photo snippets from my paper copy if needed.

I'm a semi-novice, can solve many simple problems but do have trouble finding the right paths and relations on schematics. This one is definitely beyond my skills.

IMG_2466 (resized).JPGIMG_2466 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

I also notice that the four 5,000/WOW lanes give a WOW AND 1,000 points when the 2-5 relay is activated.

#3 3 years ago

The latest. IF the 2-5 drop targets are completed: The phantom extra ball happens when the 1000 score reel turns. Crossing over to a new 1000 by manually adding 100 points at a time at the unlit top roll over will do it. Hitting other 6-9 and 10-Ace drop targets until a new 1000 is reached adds a ball. The four 5,000/WOW lanes even if lit for 5,000 score 1,000 points (no idea why instead of 5,000.) But it does add a 1,000, turning the score reel which triggers an added ball. So it seems all that I listed in the first post have turning the 1,000 score reel in common.

What confuses me is if it's something with the 1,000 reel turning, why the phantom extra ball only happens when the 2-5 is complete, but never the 6-9 or 10- ace.

#4 3 years ago

Yay. The make-break at the B relay made contact with both blades when the relay activated. Adjusted the blade it should have moved from a bit so contact was broken, and all is good.

#5 3 years ago

Hi hjh632
gratulations - You have found the fault. Grumble - so I stop working on "my JPG" --- You can see I was on the track to "M+B switch on the B-Relay" faulty activating the F-Relay when the L-Relay is activated. (((I post my JPG as I do not like making JPGs and not show them))) Greetings Rolf

0Pop-A-Card-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Pop-A-Card-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#6 3 years ago

Thank you Rolf. I was wondering if I'd hear from you, then the solution occurred to me. But always good to 'see' you. I spend a fair amount of time looking at EM trouble shooting posts - even for games I've never seen - to improve my novice skills. I notice you are a frequent contributor and I learn from what you write - nice job with the JPG diagrams. Henry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-pop-a-card-2-5-drop-bank-gives-extra-wows and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.