Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by jdapolito
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    0DE4574B-46E9-4CF1-9179-71B801FC7261 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    49C9BD81-F152-4692-A518-4D62F66B7895 (resized).jpeg
    2F00DD06-1D93-4A3B-BF89-99DEBF5B44D7 (resized).jpeg
    E835A092-11B0-466D-8286-9F7662171813 (resized).jpeg
    B3390831-6EC7-4BD0-99FB-6EBC4C514F87 (resized).jpeg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (8) (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (9) (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (5) (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (6) (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (7) (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (3) (resized).jpg
    There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago

Guys were asking what the dimensions of the Mini-Baseball so I thought I would post it here because the flyer is incorrect.

Flyer says:
    OVERALL SIZE ON BASE
    57 1/2" High - 24" Wide - 16" Deep
    Main machine without base
    30" High - 23" Wide - 13" Deep

Here's what I measured:
    Overall Size on Base
    67 1/2" High - 24" Wide - 16" 1/4 Deep
    Main Machine Without Base
    30" High - 23" Wide -13 1/2" Deep

#53 6 years ago

Thanks so much, this is a HUGE help...

-Doug

#54 6 years ago

Glad to help! Would love to see yours when you get the machine.
    Joe

#55 6 years ago

Thanks to Joe's measurements, I was able to confidently drive to New York to pick up a Mini Baseball and fit it in a tiny Hyundai Accent. The game needs a few tweaks and a good cleaning, but it works!! The sound board miraculously works too. Can't wait to dive in and start working on it!!

I think I got a good deal on it for $250. Funspot in New Hampshire has a bank of three mini-baseballs which I've played since I was a kid, so I couldn't wait to get one for myself...

-Doug

IMG_1606 (resized).JPGIMG_1606 (resized).JPG

IMG_1608 (resized).JPGIMG_1608 (resized).JPG

IMG_1607 (resized).JPGIMG_1607 (resized).JPG

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

Thanks to Joe's measurements, I was able to confidently drive to New York to pick up a Mini Baseball and fit it in a tiny Hyundai Accent. The game needs a few tweaks and a good cleaning, but it works!! The sound board miraculously works too. Can't wait to dive in and start working on it!!
    I think I got a good deal on it for $250. Funspot in New Hampshire has a bank of three mini-baseballs which I've played since I was a kid, so I couldn't wait to get one for myself...
    -Doug

Great game. And you got it very cheap. The base is a bonus also. One of the most played games in my collection.

#57 6 years ago

Awesome man! Even has the original ball in there! Now just have www.callie-graphics.com print you out a new decal for the graphics and you'll be good! And you got a great deal! Congrats!
    Joe

2 weeks later
    #58 6 years ago

Look what I found! There still out there!
    syracuse.craigslist.org link

#59 6 years ago

Hello All,

New Pinside member here. I've enjoyed reading the posts in this topic about Chicago Coin's Mini-Baseball.

I've always enjoyed playing pinball on a casual basis, but never thought about getting one for my home. Then, I saw the youtube videos on Mini-Baseball and just loved the demonstrations on its gameplay. I also like the fact that the game can be mounted on the wall and doesn't take up too much space.

Now, I've got the bug to learn more about the game in advance of eventually (hopefully) finding one for my home.

Does anyone have the schematic and parts list for the game that they'd be willing to share? Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help this newb feed this new obsession of mine.

-Will

#60 6 years ago

More love for the Mini-Baseball!

Mini-baseball (resized).jpgMini-baseball (resized).jpg

Mini-baseball2 (resized).jpgMini-baseball2 (resized).jpg

#61 6 years ago

Here's just a couple of pages out of the manual, which is actually very helpful when you get one of these and the schematics. I found mine on ebay, but I'm sure there are other sources.

IMG_0465 (resized).JPGIMG_0465 (resized).JPG

IMG_0467 (resized).JPGIMG_0467 (resized).JPG

IMG_0468 (resized).JPGIMG_0468 (resized).JPG

IMG_0471 (resized).JPGIMG_0471 (resized).JPG

#62 6 years ago

Hey Joe, Thanks for sharing pics of the parts manual and schematic! Great to know there is a parts manual out there for Mini-Baseball. I'll be searching for one!

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

Here's one for spare parts!

Probably just needs a fuse..................

#65 6 years ago

Yes, looks like just a fuse, or maybe two, will fix it right up ! But, for those of us hunting for one, it's cool to see one being offered on eBay, regardless of condition. For those of you that own Mini-Baseball, do you think the eBay "parts" machine would be worth picking up for parts to potentially be used in a future purchase of a mini-baseball game which hopefully will be in a little better condition than the "parts" machine?

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigflies:

Yes, looks like just a fuse, or maybe two, will fix it right up ! But, for those of us hunting for one, it's cool to see one being offered on eBay, regardless of condition. For those of you that own Mini-Baseball, do you think the eBay "parts" machine would be worth picking up for parts to potentially be used in a future purchase of a mini-baseball game which hopefully will be in a little better condition than the "parts" machine?

For $75.00 you can't go wrong. Local pickup only though.

#67 6 years ago

anybody have an extra sound card as I have 2 of these and one is missing the sound card - thanks

#68 6 years ago

I thought this similar game was a great price. Considered it but thought too long…

ebay.com link: VINTAGE GERMAN NSM COIN OPERATED BOWLING big strike DIME GAME WITH STAND

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I thought this similar game was a great price. Considered it but thought too long…

Wow, that was a great price for that game, sorry you missed that one Alex.

3 months later
    #70 6 years ago

I still own mine and I don't need two!
    kansascity.craigslist.org link

1 month later
    #71 6 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help me save Christmas Just like the OP, I became the proud new owner of this stellar machine on a hail mary. I found a seller who shipped it to me, and despite our best efforts to protect it, it got pretty banged up in transit. Many of the relays (I think that's what they are?) jarred loose and I found them scattered about when I opened the unit. I plugged in about 9 or 10 of them, but when I play the game I get no functionality (hitting any lane does nothing).

It appears that some of the relays are missing, but I'm wondering if each one belongs to a specific slot on the board? I just plugged them in at random.

I'm as new as it gets to the pinball world, and really don't know much about these machines. My kids played this game last month at the pinball hall of fame in Vegas and were hooked. So we're hoping to surprise them on Christmas. Any help is appreciated

20171214_135123 (resized).jpg20171214_135123 (resized).jpg

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from geddes_3:

It appears that some of the relays are missing

I checked on my machine and all of females have the plugin relays. Are those 5 spots
    factory taped? Maybe you can check with the previous owner, but for sure I would say
    those other two places without the tape need the plugin relays. I'm pretty sure that all
    of the plugin relays are interchangeable..
    I took a pic of the relay board, but having problems loading it in this new lab top with the
    new windows 10..
    It might not be a bad idea if you start a new thread stating "Help need with a C.C.
    Mini Baseball". Perhaps others have the females where there are no plugin relays..
    I'm sure that you already have, but maybe check up and down one more time. There
    may be a couple of other hidden places that may be hiding a couple of the plugins..

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from geddes_3:

I'm hoping someone can help me save Christmas Just like the OP, I became the proud new owner of this stellar machine on a hail mary. I found a seller who shipped it to me, and despite our best efforts to protect it, it got pretty banged up in transit. Many of the relays (I think that's what they are?) jarred loose and I found them scattered about when I opened the unit. I plugged in about 9 or 10 of them, but when I play the game I get no functionality (hitting any lane does nothing).
    It appears that some of the relays are missing, but I'm wondering if each one belongs to a specific slot on the board? I just plugged them in at random.
    I'm as new as it gets to the pinball world, and really don't know much about these machines. My kids played this game last month at the pinball hall of fame in Vegas and were hooked. So we're hoping to surprise them on Christmas. Any help is appreciated

Here's a photo from my game.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/5985/image-10.jpg

#74 6 years ago

Thank you! I searched again and found the two missing relays. It works now! At some point a previous owner modified the game play - that's why some of the relay plugins are taped off. They removed the "Cancel Out" feature, and modified the Bonus feature so you don't have to hit both home runs to activate it. So I purchased some spare relays and hopefully I can restore it to normal game play.

2 months later
    #75 6 years ago

What is the going price for these nowadays? Have a lead on 10 of them.... so may have a few up for sale. They've been sitting in a garage for years so will most likely need some work.

#76 6 years ago

I still have a few of these decals left if anyone needs one. $25 shipped

baseball decal (resized).jpgbaseball decal (resized).jpg

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

Have a lead on 10 of them....

Wow!

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

What is the going price for these nowadays? Have a lead on 10 of them.

Any of those ten have the bottom stand?
    For mine, I traded a vintage light like this one.
    By doing much of the work myself, I only had
    maybe $250.00 into the light pole, but with the
    stand, I'd say M.B. is maybe triple that and probably
    more if all gone through, but not really sure..

IMG_0595 (resized).JPGIMG_0595 (resized).JPG

#79 6 years ago

It sounds like all 10 have the stand. I am going to check them out within the next week or so. I'm assuming they will all need some love to get back up and running 100%

1 week later
    #80 6 years ago

This happened. Lots of missing glass and need to source some balls if anyone knows of anywhere to pick them up.

20180317_133933 (resized).jpg20180317_133933 (resized).jpg
    20180317_133918 (resized).jpg20180317_133918 (resized).jpg
    20180317_134100 (resized).jpg20180317_134100 (resized).jpg
    20180317_103309 (resized).jpg20180317_103309 (resized).jpg
    20180317_133937 (resized).jpg20180317_133937 (resized).jpg
    20180317_133918 (resized).jpg20180317_133918 (resized).jpg
    20180317_133929 (resized).jpg20180317_133929 (resized).jpg
    20180317_133940 (resized).jpg20180317_133940 (resized).jpg
    20180317_104648 (resized).jpg20180317_104648 (resized).jpg

5 months later
    #81 5 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

Very awesome BBC! I'm hoping that Callie Graphics made up something good. I haven't seen them yet, but Mike Hooker on youtube has a great repo of the backglass and I'm keeping my fingers cross that Callie takes his and makes it even better.

thanks for the heads-up, messaging Mike to see if he still makes these. I much prefer a new glass/plexi instead of installing my own decals.

#82 5 years ago

i have one for sale in RI - backglasses have been replaced with red sox - working but not 100% - both stand and the game come with it - sound card missing - the home run is stuck or grand slam - one of them - not sure - somebody tried to fix it and he told me this - he doesn't fix em's - but he tried - anyway 400 for all. thanks ed

7 months later
    #83 5 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

This happened. Lots of missing glass and need to source some balls if anyone knows of anywhere to pick them up.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I bet with all of those machines you must have gotten a manual (called a Parts Catalog on the cover) and schematic. My buddy Welby Bergum just got a Mini Baseball and there was no manual/schematic in it.

#84 5 years ago

For everyone's information:

The circuit board on the back wall with all the plug-in relays is part number "409-2526 ASS'Y" screened on it. There are several versions of Mini Baseball so sometimes not all of the 21 relay sockets will be populated with a relay. Machines that were originally ordered on "dime play" will have a few empty relay sockets covered with masking tape.

Here are relay equivalent cross reference numbers:

Sigma # 67R4-24DC (this is what the machines shipped with)

Phillips ECG # RLY2163

NTE # R12-17D5-24H

These are "ice cube" style plug-in relays, 4PDT, 24VDC, 650 ohm coil resistance, contacts rated at 3 amps. These are very common relays and lots of relay manufacturers make this relay.

1 week later
    #85 5 years ago

Welby is having the marquee and the lower pedestal backglass reproduced right now. Probably be about a month for us to receive them.

#86 4 years ago

I just got a Mini Baseball a couple days ago. The left HR and Bonus don't work, by work I mean it scores the home run but doesn't light up the arrow, but the right arrow will light but not stay lit. The base also has a lock but no key anyone know where I can get one?

#87 4 years ago

Would love to see what these look like and any information on how to obtain one. My marquee is toast.

Quoted from KenLayton:

Welby is having the marquee and the lower pedestal backglass reproduced right now. Probably be about a month for us to receive them.

3DC3F825-F478-491B-8D9D-4BB28E0F86BF (resized).jpeg3DC3F825-F478-491B-8D9D-4BB28E0F86BF (resized).jpeg
    #88 4 years ago

I will post pictures of the reproductions when they arrive in about 3 weeks.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nazumpan:

Would love to see what these look like and any information on how to obtain one. My marquee is toast.
    [quoted image]

Found a place online that says they have the top piece. Chicago Coin 409-325 Header $187.50USD

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/index.php/arcade-game-parts-chicago-coin-industries-c-1_39?page=1&sort=5d

#90 4 years ago

Yikes! The reproductions we are getting made won't be priced anywhere near that high price. They'll be a lot cheaper.

#91 4 years ago

The info is much appreciated, but $187 is significantly more than I would be interested in spending. That said, I think its the first one I’ve seen offered for sale.

#92 4 years ago

Does anyone have a copy of the electrical schematic? I am looking for the sound board portion.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from kuelman:

Does anyone have a copy of the electrical schematic? I am looking for the sound board portion.

img20190429_13434135 (resized).jpgimg20190429_13434135 (resized).jpg
    #94 4 years ago
    img20190429_14020979 (resized).jpgimg20190429_14020979 (resized).jpg
    #95 4 years ago

I'm looking for a manual to this game. At the very least, exploded views of the ball stop (gate) coil assembly and the shooter gauge circuit board exploded view with part numbers.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I'm looking for a manual to this game. At the very least, exploded views of the ball stop (gate) coil assembly and the shooter gauge circuit board exploded view with part numbers.

I have to leave soon, but I will post a scan of the entire manual here when I get back later tonight. If I am sober enough.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

img20190429_15255009 (resized).jpgimg20190429_15255009 (resized).jpg
    #98 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

I have to leave soon, but I will post a scan of the entire manual here when I get back later tonight. If I am sober enough.

img20190429_15322105 (resized).jpgimg20190429_15322105 (resized).jpg
    #99 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with the bonus. Neither of the home run arrows stay lit. Any ideas?

#100 4 years ago

This is the part for the shot light Chicago Coin 409-507 Shooter Light Indicator Mini Baseball $16.50USD same place that has the top piece for the game.

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/shooter-light-indicator-mini-baseball-p-7989

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-mini-baseball-chicago-coin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.