4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Nazumpan
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 73 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

img20190510_15352008 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15322404 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15304252 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15281924 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15255453 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15232838 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15214890 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15191825 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15175637 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15160257 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15142144 (resized).jpg
    img20190510_15365975 (resized).jpg
    img20190429_15322105 (resized).jpg
    img20190429_15255009 (resized).jpg
    img20190429_14020979 (resized).jpg
    img20190429_13434135 (resized).jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

A couple months ago I threw a 'hail mary' in hopes that someone would respond to my plea:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-mini-baseball-chicago-coin-anybody-have-one

And sure enough, AlexF gave me a lead to a guy near Chicago and history was made. Just yesterday I picked up this machine in Iowa City (I drove 4 hours and he drove 3), we shook hands exchanged cash for machine and now I'm the proud owner of a Mini Baseball! Pretty excited about it since I'm a sucker for Chicago Coin, pachinko machines and baseball! Since I had 2 months since the deal was made I had time to go on the internet and get a few items. Schematics, manual, found some balls that actually belong to the machine and someone to make me some decals for the front of the glass.

Here's some pics and let the fixing begin!

SAM_184311292014_1343.JPG SAM_184611292014_1342.JPG SAM_184811292014_1341.JPG SAM_185511292014_1337.JPG SAM_185611292014_1337.JPG SAM_185311292014_1339.JPG
    #2 4 years ago

Very cool. Congrats on the successful hunt!

Keith

#3 4 years ago

I have one of those also ... it is a very fun and addicting game. Congrats!

#4 4 years ago

Thanks guys! Good to hear DB62! Please keep chiming in!

So, lets talk balls!

I was lucky when I found this package on ebay for sale. Read the description for the balls. Love it! They give you two sizes just in case the person is winning too much!

P1192992.JPG
    #5 4 years ago

The first thing I noticed when I got the machine is the metal wire forms on the front are all removable...cool! Very easy to remove and clean this way.

Before I powered up, I noticed that the "credit" stepper unit was on the wrong side of the leaf switches, so fixed that. Next I noticed that the connectors on the score reels were all unplugged....yep, the score reels where all froze...so cleaned those and now they work. Then I cleaned all the stepper units, cleaned the base runner and then I took a deep breath and plugged it in. YEAH! It came to life!

I did notice that the baserunners would never run around the bases. So, I removed the coil that disengages the baserunner score motor and sure enough.....dead! Upon further inspection, both wires were broken off the coil! Easy fix - cleaned off wire, resoldered, and tada! IT WORKED!

More tomorrow - everything is working now, but the sound card has issues. Going to have Mike at Pinball Past look at it Wednesday and see what he can do! He's pretty good!

P1192986.JPG P1192987.JPG
    #6 4 years ago

Hmmm....posted before but no where to be found.?

Congrats!

I used to play the bowling themed game like yours as kid in the 60's. Many a dime was spent. : ) Would love to find one but they don't seem to appear that often.

Different ball if scores running to high? What a hoot!

Thanks for posting and enjoy.

#7 4 years ago

Here's the sound card. It just looks like it has issues!

P1192990.JPG
    #8 4 years ago

Mice or man?

P1192988.JPG

#9 4 years ago

Decided to make a new "instruction card" since the last one was typed on a type-brighter from 1972! First pic is the old one....second is the new.

P1192984.JPG P1192985.JPG
    #10 4 years ago

100_2756.JPG

Hi, I made some of the decals for my machine when I got it. I have a few left over if anyone is interested. Just the main decal on the front with double, single, out, home run, etc.

Thanks, Brian

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Hmmm....posted before but no where to be found.?
    Congrats!
    I used to play the bowling themed game like yours as kid in the 60's. Many a dime was spent. : ) Would love to find one but they don't seem to appear that often.
    Different ball if scores running to high? What a hoot!
    Thanks for posting and enjoy.

Bowling theme one...never seen that! COOL!
    I have seen the dual themed one with horse racing and car racing. Takes up some real estate but pretty cool!

#12 4 years ago

Very awesome BBC! I'm hoping that Callie Graphics made up something good. I haven't seen them yet, but Mike Hooker on youtube has a great repo of the backglass and I'm keeping my fingers cross that Callie takes his and makes it even better.

Here's the big question. Was the ORIGINAL "glass" on the Mini Baseball glass or plexiglass?

final.jpg

#13 4 years ago

mine was plexi I believe.

#14 4 years ago

Hey BBC....so do you have the original red ball? Also are the wires above the scoring slots covered with some material covering or just bear?

#15 4 years ago

Here are the three best videos I have found on youtube of this game. I have watched them all MANY times!

#16 4 years ago

I don't have the game anymore, but Those pegs were covered with plastic or something. I used heat shrink wrap and that worked great.

#17 4 years ago

I was thinking that same thing....heat shrink wrap.
    Mine were covered with some material cloth, but only half of them. Do you have any picks of yours BBC or videos?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

Decided to make a new "instruction card" since the last one was typed on a type-brighter from 1972! First pic is the old one....second is the new.

Jodini

very nice job on the instruction card. Do you have it on a file you could send me through e-mail? I will pay you for it.

I have the red ball in mine, but I do NOT know what size it is. That is cool to know that though. My game came with a GLASS front, but it broke Thanks

Dan

P1192984.JPG 126 KB

P1192985.JPG 158 KB

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from BBC:

Hi, I made some of the decals for my machine when I got it. I have a few left over if anyone is interested. Just the main decal on the front with double, single, out, home run, etc.
    Thanks, Brian

Brian

I will purchase a set of the DECALS from you. Please let me know. THANKS

Dan

100_2756.JPG 50 KB

#20 4 years ago

sent you a PM dan

#21 4 years ago

I think glass makes more sense...but then again, I've seen a lot of plexiglass (type) on old bowling games.

I'm also assuming that you remove the glass by turning out those two post, lifting the glass and then coming forward...yes? Or do you remove all the mechanics from the back of the machine?

#22 4 years ago

ooooh! Video! Neat machine. Ive never played one but would like to try someday

Maybe one will show up at Texas Pinball Festival

--Jeff

#23 4 years ago

Here's a cool version of it, with the horse racing!

#24 4 years ago

What a cool game! Congrats on your find. I'd love to have one in my collection, too.

--Luke

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

Bowling theme one...never seen that! COOL!
    I have seen the dual themed one with horse racing and car racing. Takes up some real estate but pretty cool!

I'll take a look-see and see if I cn find a pic. Great progress on your game!

#26 4 years ago

Found it!
    image.jpg
    1960's Big Strike Verticle Bowling Machine. This fun game accepts dimes and was used for many years at the arcade in Playland amusement park. After a coin is inserted, the lever on the side is turned and a small rubber ball is released. The ball is then shot using the lever on the front vertically. It then loops down and by gravity falls past the pin's knocking whatever pin it pass's down and exposing a numeric point value. Hitting already knocked over pin's does not increased point value. Knocking over all the pin's earns the player a free game. The same ball is used each time with a mechanical counter allowing ten shots per game.

#27 4 years ago

Video here:

#28 4 years ago

If anybody has the bowling, horse racing or car racing version of this game ... please message me ... I would love to purchase any of these games from you. THANKS!!!

Dan

#29 4 years ago

That's crazy Cash_Riprock! Never seen such!

#30 4 years ago

I got my graphics today! The top graphics look great! The middle look awesome! However the bottom graphic is way too dark. Looks like the newsroom folks were in the sun way too long! HA! I'm going to have Callie make me another set.

The glass space is 3/8 so here's what I ended up doing. I have one 1/8 piece of glass against the nails of the playing field, then a piece of 1/8 plexiglass, then the decal stuck on that piece and then the last one is a 1/8 piece of plexiglass. I know...over kill! So if I was going to do it all over again, I would put a 1/4 piece of glass, then the decal and on the outside a piece of 1/8 plexiglass...maybe! Anyway, I had some aluminum tape to simulate a metal frame around the "glass"...turned out pretty good.

P1202993.JPG P1202994.JPG P1202996.JPG P1202997.JPG P1202998.JPG P1202999.JPG
    #31 4 years ago

Today I decided what I was going to do with this pealing lamination around the edges. I figured either I could leave it alone, re-laminate it or option "C"....and that would be adding angle aluminum around all the edges. I wouldn't normally think of this option but this game has a lot of aluminum around the frames so I decided to give it a shot. I didn't do a fancy job (with 45 degree cuts), but it did the job.

Here's some before and after shots.

P1233013.JPG P1233014.JPG P1233015.JPG P1233016.JPG P1233017.JPG P1233018.JPG
    #32 4 years ago

Looks just like it was made that way.

#33 4 years ago

Jodini

Mine has that that also done to it ... it looks EXACTLY the same. I will have to take some pics later.

#34 4 years ago

Too funny DB62! Great minds think alike! You can see by the first picture that someone tired to paint it brown around the edges....probably worked for a while. But I think this worked pretty well. I think a guy that had the right tools that could cut 45 angles with a bandsaw could do an awesome job. This was me with a scroll saw and it took about 2 hours.

Anyway Dan...I would like to see pics of yours! Does your Skill Gage work? Seems like they are either removed or don't work. After I cleaned mine off, it seem to work pretty well...I think they just cause "drag" and interfere with the shooting mech. I defiantly like having it though....."3" is my sweet spot!

P1203000.JPG P1203001.JPG P1203002.JPG
    #35 4 years ago
    Quoted from DB62:

If anybody has the bowling, horse racing or car racing version of this game ... please message me ... I would love to purchase any of these games from you. THANKS!!!
    Dan

Here's a Turf Club.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#36 4 years ago

How...$200 for a Turf Club! That is a great price! I'm not even going to tell you guys what I spent on this sucker!

#37 4 years ago

After I told Callie that the "newsroom/spectators" where a little toasty, she quickly resent me these! I think she nailed the colors this time. So for less than $40.00 shipped she can send you these decals for your game which I think look top notch!
    http://www.callie-graphics.com/

P1243020.JPG P1243019.JPG P1243022.JPG
    #38 4 years ago

AlexF

How have you been doing? Anyways, I just got home from my daughters basketball tournament from today ... but ... I really appreciate that link. I just e-mailed him. THANKS and take care!

Dan

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from jodini:

After I told Callie that the "newsroom/spectators" where a little toasty, she quickly resent me these! I think she nailed the colors this time. So for less than $40.00 shipped she can send you these decals for your game which I think look top notch!

Looks AWESOME!!!

P1243020.JPG 178 KB

P1243019.JPG 213 KB

P1243022.JPG 153 KB

#40 4 years ago

Jodini

Just a tip and I don't know if you seen this or not:

3 outs or score of 100 runs ends game ... BUT ... you can score PAST 100 runs if you do this little fix:

If one of these games scores higher than 100 runs, it is because the 10's carry-over switch has been manually bent.

I will get some pics and see about my score gauge.

Dan

#41 4 years ago

Interesting! I don't think I'm that good though to get over 100 runs! I would like to see some pics of yours though Dan....especially the aluminum angle around the edges.

I put a red LED for the 10 RUNS and kind of like it.

P1203003.JPG
    #42 4 years ago

Well...everything is running!

Here's a video. I'm thinking the whistling is still not quiet right and if you guys know what the deal is with that please let me know. But here we go!

2 weeks later
    #43 4 years ago

Does anybody have a schematic for this game? I want to do this:

If one of these games scores higher than 100 runs, it is because the 10's carry-over switch has been manually bent.

I would like to know which score reel it is and which switch to bend, for this to work ... THANKS in advance!

Dan

#44 4 years ago

Shouldn't be tough to figure out...just start bending! Personally I think that is a pretty long game and I've done it a couple of times, and think it's cool if I time out (game over)! YEAH!

The only thing I thought about doing is putting a 10 point bell in the machine...like a big bell like there is in my pitch n bat! But then I think, is it worth all that effort to change a machine from original?!
    Anyway, I had a pinball party at my house a couple of weeks ago and it was a big hit!

1 year later
    #45 2 years ago

Hello BBC. This is Garth in Canada. First time on a chat and was wondering if you still have the Mini Baseball decals? I would like two if you have. Please LMK and price if you do. Thank you

1 month later
    #46 2 years ago

Sorry I missed this one! I'll pm you info also, but yes....you can get them directly from the gal that made them for me.

You might have to take a picture of one and send it to her to refresh her memory, but I'm sure she still has it on file.

Enjoy!

4 months later
    #47 2 years ago

Does anybody have a diagram showing the switch assignments on the animation motor. I know some of the switches also are used to activate relays that reset the score and game in general. I have an original schematic for the game but it doesn't have any reference or diagram for the switches on the animation motors cams.. which is very unusual, because every EM pinball schematic I have ever owned had a diagram showing the switch stack assignment on the score motor (identical to the "animation motor" on this machine).

#48 2 years ago

I still have mine up and running. Let me know if you want me to make a video of anything or if you have something specific you want me to take a picture of. Be happy to help!

#49 2 years ago

Man you guys do some great work those are cool machines!

I just rescued one at a local sale but don't really have room to keep it around. I will get some pictures together tonight and post them up not sure of the value I think it works but it doesn't have a base just the machine itself. I will get some pics up once it quits raining and I can get it out of my car without it getting soaked.

I do like pinball machines but never though of having one myself this forum could be a rabbit hole that could get me in some trouble though you guys have some awesome stuff!

#50 2 years ago

I would love to see some pics of yours! I paid probably too much for mine, but I wanted one pretty bad...so paid the price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 269.99
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside