Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Knxwledge
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7139 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7138 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7137 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7136 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7135 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7133 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7131 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7130 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7129 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7128 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7127 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7126 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7125 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7124 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhilC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago

That's a pretty decent looking machine there! Insides look clean. Why do you need new plastic score reels? I have a box of parts if you really needed something due to it being broken, but Midway parts are hard to come by. Steve Young has the common stuff, and John Robertson has some stuff (expensive, but he HAS stuff) otherwise be prepared for a hunt. Seriously, just clean what you have and be glad you have it. If I can make a suggestion, do not take the score motor/reel assembly apart if you do not need to or are not familiar with them, seriously. I have a parts catalog for most midway games with explosions of the reels if this is REALLY necessary to help guide you if you make an error, but its really not necessary to take them apart in most cases. Removing the reel assembly as a whole one side at a time and cleaning while assembled is what I found is best. My HH was missing the score reels and other stuff when I got it, I took it on a gamble in a bulk purchase, and it took a long time and a lot of leg work to piece it together. I ended up with two whole machines and sold one. If you needed help, I'm no master, but certainly no stranger to these games either.
    FWIW, my coin door looks like the one on your game, the one on ebay looks like the one on my Sea Raider, it seems to be an older design. I'm no authority on that, but actually both of the HH machines I had came with the door on your first one.

#21 9 years ago

That Phantom looks great too!

#35 9 years ago

Here is a part list. Pretty sure steve young has these motors, its a muliti product motor. Look inside the machine, i found one inside the coinbox on one of my games after i got it home.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    2 years later
    #154 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Amazing thread! I just recently landing a mostly working Haunted House. The main problem right now is with the motor control board. The speed control on the targets is definitely not working right and changes randomly as the game warms up. The control board appears to have many replaced components and some burned components. To make matters worse the board is broken at the connector and only the traces and contacts are holding it together at the break. I went on GPE and ordered replacements for every component on the board figuring I would not even mess with trying to figure out what is wrong and simply replace all of the 45 year old crusty cracked parts with new ones of verified values. Simple right? I actually thought about having a new PC board spun and just populate that with new components.
    Oh well, the game is pretty nice and lights up nice and the targets look sharp. I don't plan on doing a restoration much beyond getting it working 100% at this point, but I am absolutely drooling at the restoration being done in this thread. Great work!

Would you mind sharing your parts list, if you are certain they are correct replacements? I have two boards to rebuild and it would save me the homework.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhilC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-midway-haunted-house-gun-game-restoration?tu=PhilC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.