8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by RustyRazor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 days ago

Just picked up a dead Flash Baseball machine. Spent the afternoon working on it and found damaged points on one relay that control the bat. Got mostly everything else going including the 8 track tape player... (sweet). I think the only thing left is the lights... there are none. Somewhere there must be a short as I am blowing the fuse.. a schematic would be of great assistance. Sadly not much info available on this machine online.

#2 2 days ago

I have a working Flash Baseball if you need any assistance. Note that the lights are all 12volt, not 6.3. The wiring on my machine for the lights was hideous & had to be redone , so there may very well be a short on yours.

#3 2 days ago

Thanks Xylog…. I actually was just looking up the lights today and found out about the 12v rating. They seem to be about $1 each online. I did find the short, a light was touching the score reel motor. Which by the way... I had to take both reels right apart and remove the sticky gunk that caused them to eventually cease up. The machine is sitting in my garage currently and with the drop in temperature I believe is having an effect on some of the contact points as I have had to re-adjust some of them. Currently the machine is running except for the star bonus. I traced it to the score reel and have not found a different connector that is linked to it as I spin the reel. I have no idea under which circumstances it is supposed to light up... any idea?? Would you have any documentation (owners manual.. etc) that would explain things a bit better?? Just thinking ahead... I recorded the audio recording incase one day the tape gave out or someone needs it for their machine.

#4 1 day ago

Over the night I had an idea Xylog.. being that the light supply is about 13V AC. Why not use a simple diode to reduce it to about 6V+ DC. Seems to work ok on a standard 6V bulb. Seems a bit brighter than the other bulbs though. Maybe some resistor experiments are in order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 25.00
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside