(Topic ID: 256411)

1972 Gottlieb last ball issue (single player issue only)

By Press57

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Press57
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Press57.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and have own various EM machines over the years. I just recently moved and again have some space and have purchased a couple of EMs. I have one minor issue with the 1972 Gottlieb Wild Life Machine. At the end of the last ball, it totals up the bonus, gives the credits I earned, etc., but after that, it sends the ball to the ball shooter and the score wheel will move randomly forward several thousand. The ball is then still playable and it continues to stay in this loop for multiple balls but for these "Extra" balls, there is no ball number displayed. Again, game play is fine and if I hit the start button, it'll reset back to ball 1 as a new game. Not a huge issue, but it does disrupt my sense of order. This only occurs when playing single player. When playing two player, no issue. I have ordered a schematic but have no skill/knowledge... any ideas/suggestions?

#3 4 years ago

Thank you Howard, I appreciate the info. Please note, the game is set for 5 ball play but assume this theory would apply regardless of a 3 ball or 5 ball game. I'm learning as I go here, while I have owned 10 machines in the past, I never learned how to troubleshoot them beyond some very basic stuff... thanks again.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks for the additional info David...

1 week later
#7 4 years ago

An update... the issue is gone. Over the past 3 or 4 days, all games have ended properly. We'll see if it holds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Press57.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-gottlieb-last-ball-issue-single-player-issue-only?tu=Press57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.