Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JoeNewberry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Has been playing just fine and a couple days ago it quit kicking ball to shooter lane after it drains. the out hole switch is making, I can manually make the out lane switch under the apron and the "O" relay makes and kicks the ball out and it plays fine until ball drains again. I can also manually make the "O" relay and it kicks the ball out. I don't have schematic. can someone tell me what feeds power to the coil on the "O" relay after the ball drains? Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Maybe this could help?

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0450.html

"7. When 'DB' relay is in a setup position, the motor continues to run and all score units reset to zero through motor 1A, motor 4A, and the reset control switches on 'DB' When all score units are reset to zero and motor 2B switch makes, 'DB' relay is tripped completing the reset cycle.
8. Place the ball in the out hole. When the ball makes the outhole switch, 'O' relay is actuated through a normally closed switch on 'DB'.
9. 'O' relay locks in through its own switch and a switch on motor 2B.
10. When 'O' relay is energized the motor starts running.
11. Motor 4C actuates the ball return coil through a switch on 'O' relay.
12. The ball return kicks the ball across the trough switch which steps the ball count unit once, indicating first ball in play.
13. The ball is now in the runway and ready to be shot onto the playfield."

It's for Flying Carpet, also a 1972 Gottlieb, so hopefully close enough to apply. If there is a DB relay on the reset bank of King Kool, then I'd check it for a dirty/misadjusted switch.

#3 3 years ago

I checked all the relays and there is not a DB relay on the reset bank. there is a PB, ZB, QB, SB and XB.
there is another reset bank that has 6 relays labeled 2B, 3B, 4B etc.
I will look over all the relay switches on the reset bank more closely and see if I find something.
thanks for the info

#4 3 years ago

You posted,

Quoted from bronco-jon:I can manually make the out lane switch under the apron and the "O" relay makes and kicks the ball out and it plays fine until ball drains again.

try adjusting that switch a little closer, maybe the ball is not resting completely on the switch? so it does not push down far enuf?

#5 3 years ago

It's the normally open trough switch that I am manually making to get the ball out. the out hole switch is closed and making contact when the ball is resting in the out hole.

#6 3 years ago

sorry, a little dis lexic today

#7 3 years ago

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/Gt9DHhwb8Es

This thread suggest that XB may the equivalent on multiplayer games to the DB on single player games like Flying Carpet. So I guess check XB for a misadjusted switch. Probably something that looks like it's closed, but if you check for continuity between the switch lugs it will be open instead.

"If the ball is in the outhole, the "O" relay activates. The "O" relay,
through the score motor and a switch on relay "XB", will kick the ball
to the shooter lane. Note: the "O" relay will not activate unless the
bonus unit (if the game has one) is reset to zero (there is a bonus
unit zero position switch).
When the ball re-enters the outhole after game play, the "P" relay
kicks the ball back to the shooter lane. Switches on the "XB", "ZB",
"P" relays and some score motor switches advances the player unit (if
present) and player relays ("PBx")."

#8 3 years ago

Note: the "O" relay will not activate unless the
bonus unit (if the game has one) is reset to zero (there is a bonus
unit zero position switch).

Got it!! Thanks JoeNewberry! it was the wiper assembly set screw lose on the bonus unit, not letting the wipers make proper contact to the contact disk (wipers not lining up with contact buttons on disk).

I need to find that other thread I was on asking about this problem and thank the pinsider who responded suggesting to check the bonus unit too, which I did check the switch points, but not the disk. Looks like the problem is solved.....Thanks Again!

#9 3 years ago

Woo! Glad the copy and paste helped.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 289.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside