Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C57EDE79-D1F8-4433-92B5-949E45F2454D (resized).jpeg
E2DB545B-AD94-47E3-A956-9A7A3101A9A5 (resized).jpeg
631EB5CA-E798-4A32-8A60-9B4A220BBB8A (resized).jpeg
Pinball (resized).png
0Fireball-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eju201.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

**moving this post to this, more appropriate section. sorry for the duplicate!**

Hi all, I'm a proud enthusiast but not a tech at all. I do not solder...yet. Have a gorgeous working Fireball 1972 and accidentally did something to confuse the game logic: now it pops 2 balls into the shooter lane one right after the other when you lock a ball in either the Odin or the Wotan holes. It will also pop 2 balls into the shooter lane at the beginning of a turn in a multi-player game if there is a ball locked in one of those holes when your turn begins. I think when I cleaned it or otherwise removed the balls from the playfield temporarily I left the machine in a state of expecting a ball somewhere, or a switch un-tripped....and now I have this problem.

Possibly related: I had an earlier issue where a ball would get stuck on its way out to the shooter lane, but it was not predictable or repeatable (the problem I have now is repeatable). It would happen intermittently, every 30 balls or so. I was advised to adjust the leaf switches under the ball ejector. Did I over-do it, and could this be the source of the above? In the old, mis-filed post, chas10e was kind enough to suggest the middle leaf switch staying closed as the culprit. If it is, what then about my stuck ball problem?

Thanks!

10 months later
#13 6 years ago

Hi everyone! I had no idea anyone had replied to my original thread, I am so sorry for my accidental silence. I am truly grateful that you all stepped in to help.

Here's the update: the "2 balls in the shooter lane" problem just went away. Maybe enough playing sorted it out. I also have a 4M BC and saw that video which orangestorm posted...the 4M BC game had this issue once and I pressed the switch and it sorted out...I may have done the same with Fireball while monkeying around, but one way or another it's gone.

The "ball gets stuck ON THE WAY to the shooter lane" problem has only gotten worse. Is this the "outhole"? When I last posted about this, it happened only occasionally...now that ball gets stuck as much as 1 out of 4 times. To keep playing I open up the coin door and manually depress the solenoid that kicks the ball into the shooting lane. Wondering what my next step might be?

And Rolf, you are very generous to offer help with that diagram, but I don't think I understand even a little bit of that!

Thanks again everyone
e

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eju201.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-fireball-puts-2-balls-in-shooter-lane-at-once?tu=eju201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.