Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C57EDE79-D1F8-4433-92B5-949E45F2454D (resized).jpeg
E2DB545B-AD94-47E3-A956-9A7A3101A9A5 (resized).jpeg
631EB5CA-E798-4A32-8A60-9B4A220BBB8A (resized).jpeg
Pinball (resized).png
0Fireball-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago

Okay, I'm going to resurrect this thread, as I have the same issue with my Fireball as the OP, but didn't see a solution posted.

To re-cap: At the start of a game, only one ball is put into the shooter lane. Everything works as it should during game play. If you lock a ball in the Odin or Wotan scoop, two balls are released into the shooter lane--one at a time--the ball release solenoid fires two separate time.

For trouble shooting, here's what I've got so far:
-This happens with Odin or Wotan Hole. They both exhibit the same behavior.
-With no balls in the trough (and a ball locked in Odin or Wotan), I can manually close #1 trough switch, and the ball release solenoid will fire continuously.
-The ball trough switches are gapped rather far, but still have a nice wiping motion when activated.
-The trough is clean, and the balls roll down freely, with no hesitation.
-There is not a hold relay for multi-ball as shown in 4MBC.
-I have visually checked the Odin & Wotan relay, and all switched appear to be in proper working order (although I did not use a meter to confirm)

So, what should the next steps be?

Thanks

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I would turn the game off and unplug it, then put a meter on the trough switches and activate them with a ball to see if one of them isn't working.

Sure, I'll give that a try tonight.

However, since it doesn't happen at the start of a game (when all 3 balls are in the trough), I can't see how a non working trough switch would only show during a ball lock. But then again, I still struggle with schematics so I could be missing something simple.

#18 6 years ago

We have a winner!!!

I started checking continuity on the trough switches. Everything was okay, until the trough got bumped or a switch activated.
631EB5CA-E798-4A32-8A60-9B4A220BBB8A (resized).jpeg631EB5CA-E798-4A32-8A60-9B4A220BBB8A (resized).jpeg

I removed all the switches from the trough and everything checked out properly. Upon further examination, I found that the fish paper was shifted, causing the wire switch to make contact with the leaf of the switch, shorting it to the other switches.
E2DB545B-AD94-47E3-A956-9A7A3101A9A5 (resized).jpegE2DB545B-AD94-47E3-A956-9A7A3101A9A5 (resized).jpeg

I tried loosening switch stack and moving the fish paper, but it didn’t seem to be wide enough. So my solution was to add some heat shrink to the wire switch.
C57EDE79-D1F8-4433-92B5-949E45F2454D (resized).jpegC57EDE79-D1F8-4433-92B5-949E45F2454D (resized).jpeg

And problem solved. Odin and Wotan are now behaving properly.

Thanks all for the insight everybody!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-fireball-puts-2-balls-in-shooter-lane-at-once?tu=djblouw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.