(Topic ID: 267610)

1972 Bally Stepper Question (part broken or not)

By BleacherBum

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B8808A15-53A4-4168-9EBE-1CA92B2CC3B1 (resized).jpeg
149273B5-26D1-437E-AD80-887530E51AA7 (resized).jpeg
769CDB1B-C523-48C6-BB46-0AEFEC6589F1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BleacherBum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am working on. 1972 Bally Space Time. I first got it working a 100% before diving into restoration. While cleaning the Ball Count Unit (stepper), I discovered what maybe a broken copper wiper blade. This isn’t one of the fingers but, it is smaller an circular (see attached image below). Is this suppose to look like that or the tip missing. Since it worked with this as is, I guess all maybe good. However, if it is indeed broken, I would like to replace it before it fails.

I am not sure what the part number is or what it is called. Which is why I am having trouble finding one to determine if it is broke or not. Does anyone know what this part is called? If broken, does anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks,
Phil

769CDB1B-C523-48C6-BB46-0AEFEC6589F1 (resized).jpeg769CDB1B-C523-48C6-BB46-0AEFEC6589F1 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

Thanks for your input. The Williams horseshoe looks close but has 2 contact point. I assume the Bally only has on. Hmmm, Perhaps I can modify the one in the link you provided to work.

#5 3 years ago

Thank you so much!

Since the end appeared to be a little ruff I thought it might be broken. It would have been the first part I have found broken. I am happy it is OK.

Phil

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BleacherBum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-bally-stepper-question-part-broken-or-not?tu=BleacherBum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.