Actually every score reel was taken apart, cleaned and the spring strengthened. So when I manually activate the plunger, the wheel advance freely in a clear motion. So maybe I should recheck the gaps between the switches.
For sure I can't move the reel when the 10 points relay is stuck. The reel's coil blocks the plunger. And the biggest buzz comes from the 10 points relay.
Ok here are several new tests and issues:
- Power ON : OK. Just the transfo buzzing (little bit to loud IMO). Score motor doesn't move.
- Left Flipper : GI illuminates
- Start button :
* Player 1: all reels go down to 0
* Player 2: all reels go down to 0 except the 1000 points reel (#1 score reset and #2 score reset relays then go "clac-clac-clac" non-stop
* Player 3: all reels go down to 0
* Player 4: all reels go down to 0
So let's forget Player 2 for the moment and run some tests with just Player 1 (had to turn the machine OFF, move the Player 2 1000 points reel to 0 and restart the machine).
- Start button :
* Player 1: all reels go at 0
* activate the outhole : tunnel starts
* activate the stop tunnel roll-over switch : tunnel stops
* activate the collect tunnel roll-over switch :1000 point score reel moves to whatever score the tunnel shows
then the bizarre starts
* activate any 10 points switch: 10 point relay gets stuck (also includes the slingshots switches)
* activate the 500 points switch: 10 point relay gets stuck (weird)
* activate any of the 100 points target: all good, not stuck relay and 100 points reel moves accordingly
* activate any of the 1000 points roll-over switches: all good, not stuck relay and 1000 points reel moves accordingly
and now the bumper madness
* there are 4 bumpers, they seem to work 2-by-2 (I suppose, from from the lights).
* let's say the pairs are [bumper 1 / bumper 3] and [bumper 2 / bumper 4]
* if I activate the skirt of any of the pair whose light is turned ON : all good, 10 points reel moves accordingly
* if I activate the skirt of a pair that is not light ON: bam, 10 point relay gets stuck...
* if I manually open the 10 point relay that is stuck closed, the reel moves and the lights change to the other pair of bumpers
so bumpers with lights ON = everything works / bumpers with lights OFF = 10 points relay gets stuck
One more thing... one of the bumpers pair have a intermittent synchronized blinking.
Ok it's probably a multiple causes problem but if something here makes sense to one of you... a bug thanks in advance