Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3rd Coin Chute (resized).JPG
Coin Door Jones Plug Wires (resized).JPG
Cabinet Wire Harness (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BleacherBum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey All,

I just recently picked up an 1972 Bally Space Time as a project. This is my first EM pin. I hoping to first to get it running then restore it. Right now my goal is to take a very detailed inventory of what parts I will replace (damage/missing). The guy I got it from said it would power up and kick out a ball, but not everything was working. That is OK I wanted a project. I have not tried to turn it on yet as some of the stepper units are really gummed up and in need of a good cleaning.

My early inspections have yielded that the coin door mechs and backbox door missing (knew that when I bought it). Also it pretty dirty and will need a fair amount of cosmetic work, but again that is part of the reason I bought it. When I start the actual repair/restore I hope to share my efforts on a thread here on Pinside.

I have the schematics and a parts catalog from 1973. However, my schematic reading abilities are at the moment more elementary than I thought. So I apologize for the uneducated questions. Thus leading to my initial questions (see pictures below).

I am reading pin repair and Clay's guides, so hopefully I'll be up to speed soon.

Oh, how do you post type between pictures?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Phil

My Questions are:

Cabinet Wire Harness (resized).JPGCabinet Wire Harness (resized).JPG

Coin Door Jones Plug Wires (resized).JPGCoin Door Jones Plug Wires (resized).JPG

3rd Coin Chute (resized).JPG3rd Coin Chute (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I still struggling through the schematics. I work on a couple SS pins, but as you know the schematic are a bit different. I'll get them eventually.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks very much for the replies Reed and Skidave. Makes me feel better. I had spent at least 2 days on the schematics and was getting frustrated. I had noticed that they were cut nice a neat and figured that someone hacking out a part wouldn't have taken the time. Given your replies I will ignore them for now.

Thanks much!

Phil

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BleacherBum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-bally-space-time-inital-wiring-questions?tu=BleacherBum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.