(Topic ID: 331006)

1971 Williams Jackpot will not add players.

By slight3939

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0871 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I have a Jackpot pinball machine that will not add players. With credits loaded, the first press of the replay button resets the game and starts as one player. Any subsequent presses merely remove a credit. I can manually move the coin unit s/u and start multi players games. I have jumped the coil and it fires fine. I just don't know what is supposed to signal it in the first place. Also, the game doesn't always reset correctly. Seems to have trouble clearing the thousands position on the scores from time to time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

On the reset relay find the make/break switch with the BLU-O wire connected to the long blade and a W-BLU wire connected to normally closed short blade. Clean and adjust switch if needed.

#3 1 year ago

Well, that was easy. Didn't even really do anything to the switches and the coin unit s/u started firing. Any thoughts on the scores not always resetting?

IMG_0871 (resized).jpgIMG_0871 (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from slight3939:

have trouble clearing the thousands position on the scores from time to time

Each Drum Unit / Score reel, including the thousands position, has a switch whose job is to keep the Reset relay from releasing and the machine from moving on in the reset sequence. Each of these switches has a yellow wire on one terminal and a Blue-Brown wire on its other terminal.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#5 1 year ago

Well thanks to your help I got everything working. Even managed to rebuild the coin door so that works. Randomly I was test playing it and now the ball will never increase to ball 2. Also, the player never changes. Always on player 1 ball 1 no matter what.

#6 1 year ago

If I tilt the game, once the ball drains, ball and player increment as they should.

#7 1 year ago

Ball index relay is not closing. If closed by hand all works as intended.

#8 1 year ago

Figured it out. Thanks...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1971-williams-jackpot-will-not-add-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.