You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jackpot_reset_relay (resized).jpg
jackpot_score_motor (resized).png
IMG_0913 (resized).PNG
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingofKoopas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

I had this issue myself on my William's Wild Card. Here's what I did.

1: While I didn't need to do this, check the fuse holders and make sure the fuses are making good contact. One good way is to lightly pinch the clips closer so it's getting a firmer connection.

2: Most likely the issue is the jones plugs. Find the jones plugs that go from the playfield to the bottom board. Remove them, and clean then with either a bristle brush or 600 grit sandpaper. Personally I prefer sandpaper. Afterwards I usually wipe them down with 99% isopropyl alcohol though this isn't needed. If you do just make sure it's at LEAST over 90%. I find anything less leaves a white residue. I'd do this to all the jones plugs, good preventative maintenance.

Also as a note, if you use alcohol I'd wait at least 30 minutes to and hour before turning the game back on just be sure the fumes are all evaporated. While I've never had an issue with the fumes catching fire even after 5-10 minutes, better safe then sorry as they say.

3: Finally you wanna clean the female ends of the jones plugs. What I like to do it take some hard bristle pipe cleaners, dip an end in 99% isopropyl alcohol and use that to clean each of the female connectors. Afterwords I take some canned air to quickly remove any remaining dust/gunk/bristles.

After a good cleaning I've had 0 lighting and connection issues. I had to do it twice myself, so do it a couple times if it doesn't work the first.

If that doesn't work I'd grab some schematics and try and see if there's a switch that provides power to the lights. I know on gottliebs the tilt relay will kill all the lights on the game if you tilt, but I don't think williams do that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingofKoopas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1971-williams-jackpot-intermittent-playfield-lights?tu=KingofKoopas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.